We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does Eurail Select 3 Country Pass Cover London-Paris trip?

New Zealand
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Does Eurail Select 3 Country Pass Cover London-Paris trip?

Hi Guys,

I am planning to be in Europe starting late August to early October during which time I plan to cover 4 countries - UK, France, Switzerland and Paris.

I understand that UK does not accept any multi-country Rail Passes and hence I have decided to buy a 3 country (10-day) Eurail Select Pass for my travel.

I was however wondering if this 3 country rail pass will be accepted for the London to Paris train travel? I have heard that it IS accepted but would like to get a confirmation on that.

Is there a reliable source for this information where I can check out this and other such information?

Thanks in advance guys...

NJ

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
92,688 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does Eurail Select 3 Country Pass Cover London-Paris trip?

So far as I know, no passes are valid on the London-Paris Eurostar.

You would do better not to buy a pass at all, as ordinary point-to-point tickets usually cost less. In France, the number of seats available to passholders is strictly limited.

See the excellent advice at www.seat61.com and especially seat61.com/Railpass-and-Eurail-pass-guide.htm

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10,607 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does Eurail Select 3 Country Pass Cover London-Paris trip?

Theoretically, you can book a ticket in London if you have a Eurail pass. However, the price of those tickets are the same or more expensive than if you have no pass at all. See

eurostar.com/UK/…questions_answers.jsp

As Nick suggested, do not buy a pass. Search this forum for some of the negative experiences of passholders in Europe.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2,726 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does Eurail Select 3 Country Pass Cover London-Paris trip?

Eurostar from London has passholder fares but it might be cheaper to buy an ordinary ticket well in advance on eurostar.com.

In France you have to make and pay for train reservations at a station even with a pass and all trains have a quota for passholders so you may not get tickets. If you have planned your trip it will probabaly be cheaper to buy advanced tickets.

Some sort of pass might be worthwhile in Switzerland but the Swiss do their own range of passes that are valid on more of their transport system.

4. Re: Does Eurail Select 3 Country Pass Cover London-Paris trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 09:16