We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thai Railways - booking tickets online

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
108 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Thai Railways - booking tickets online

Need a little help with the procedure of booking trains tickets in Thailand with thailandtrainticket.com

I have sent the inquiry and received the payment id and Ive now paid.

My query is how do I get the tickets, will they contact me to ask what date I will be in Bangkok so they can send them to my hotel ? I have entered the hotels name on the inquiry form.

Or will they just send them now - a bit inconvienint for the hotel as I wont be there until April 1st , day before I travel by train.

If you have any experiance of booking this way Id love to hear about it

Thanks

Kolkata (Calcutta...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Thai Railways - booking tickets online

Same thing I also want to know, please provide us if u have some information.

and also other way to book rail ticket for surat thani. Should I will get the rail ticket from Bangkok airport??

Lochristi
Level Contributor
8 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thai Railways - booking tickets online

As the railway system of Thailand is still living in Stone Age , don't expect to buy tickets online.

The biggest innovation in 30 years is that they have now a computer at Hualamphong railway station to print train tickets on name.

And while before you did have to write your name on a paper, and the name on the ticket was not near what you expected, now they put a keyboard under your nose and you can type your name yourself, and, it is a QWERTY keyboard.

Upon arrival in Don Muang airport you can take a train to the main station of Bangkok and buy your tickets up to 60 days in advance to travel.

In fact Hualamphong is quite a comfortable railway station with lots of food stalls and like any other railway station in Thailand a special reserved area for Monks.

Edited: 01 June 2013, 21:59
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thai Railways - booking tickets online

Hi I am looking at using the sleeper train from chiang mai to Bangkok in october. Can i ask you how long thailandtrainticket.com took to reply to your inquiry? And did you manage to get your tickets ok? Hope you had a nice trip and thanks in advance, your help is appreciated. Rach

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
3,910 posts
741 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thai Railways - booking tickets online

I bought Thai railways tickets this summer at www.thailandtrainticket.com, and the experience was overall satisfactory.

I preferred to pay an extra amount for shipping the tickets to my home, because I had not expected any hotel overnight in Bangkok.

I purchased two tickets in a first class sleeper Bangkok-Surat Thani, included bus and ferry connection to Ko Samui island, and two tickets on the day train "Sprinter" Ayutthaya-Phitsanulok.

I entered my requests on the site, and immediately I was told by email to renew requests when there were just over 60 days.

For the stretch-Bangkok-Surat Thani-Ko Samui you can buy ticket exactly since 60 days before, for the stretch Phitsanulok-Ayutthaya you need to wait for a date of only thirty days before.

Anyway, my credit card has been charged when the tickets were actually bought.

The shipping cost of the tickets was 1050 baht (about 25 Euros or 33 U.S. dollars at current exchange rates).

Brun066

Kolkata (Calcutta...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Thai Railways - booking tickets online

Sir,

We are a family of four members, have planned to travel from Bangkok to Phuket on 25th December morning ( DRC Train) so that we can reach at Phuket in the evening on the same day. Then we would like to come back to Bangkok by night train leaving on 28th December 2013, so that we can reach at Bangkok on 29th December morning. Can you help us to reserve the said tickets for four persons through online. Awaiting your early positive response.

With all best wishes.

Yours sincerely

Malay Dewanji

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
3,910 posts
741 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thai Railways - booking tickets online

Hi Malay

I'm just a contributor to Trip Advisor. To book tickets, you have to go to the site I mentioned, www.thailandtrainticket.com

Brun066

7. Re: Thai Railways - booking tickets online

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2014, 06:19