We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to buy tickets for EuroNight trains in advance?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
115 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
How to buy tickets for EuroNight trains in advance?

Hi,

I need to book a 2 sleeper compartment for EN 498 (Ljubljana - Salzburg) and then connect to EN 467 (Salzburg - Budapest) for 4th & 5th August 2013.

Is there any site for EN to book?

Individually, if I go to http://www.slo-zeleznice.si and oebb.at to book, here's what I encounter.

Slovenia railways do not let you book tickets in advance online. Since it is a night train, how can I ensure a reservation in sleeper, if I leave it to the last day of travel - ie, buy it when I reach Slovenia.

Austrian railway site shows this particular train as not available. Can't figure out why. There's a previous EN (EN 463), which is open for advance booking - but not this one. Even for the one open for booking in advance, how do I ensure a sleeper booking?

Any advice will help.

I don't have any rail pass - as it seems to cheaper to buy point-to-point tickets as per my itinerary.

Thanks

Sasha

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,438 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to buy tickets for EuroNight trains in advance?

A similar question with answer here. Some EN trains cannot be booked on line.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12483-k6477399…

2. Re: How to buy tickets for EuroNight trains in advance?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2014, 06:18