We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seat plan on Trenitalia's Venice-Milan Frecciabianca service

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Seat plan on Trenitalia's Venice-Milan Frecciabianca service

Hello,

I'm trying to book tickets for our family of 4 on the Trenitalia website. I clicked on the option that says 'Select seats' which brings up this seat plan http://i42.tinypic.com/2zdq7uu.jpg . However, I'm confused because as per this seat plan there are only 2 pairs of seats which are across a center-table and doesn't seem right as I am pretty sure that there should be many more of those?

Thanks,

Rahul

Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
8,444 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seat plan on Trenitalia's Venice-Milan Frecciabianca service

Yes it looks right. This is a Frecciabianca not Frecciarossa.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,149 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Seat plan on Trenitalia's Venice-Milan Frecciabianca service

There are more pairs in First Class. Or use the 16.20 departure which is a different type of train.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seat plan on Trenitalia's Venice-Milan Frecciabianca service

I am going from Verona to Milan and is just as confused. and all seats seam to face the center table.

I would rather sit facing forward to the direction it is going. But I can tell with this seat plan.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,047 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seat plan on Trenitalia's Venice-Milan Frecciabianca service

You cannot pick your direction of travel. The trains get turned in service, so a seat could face either way.

Mudjimba, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seat plan on Trenitalia's Venice-Milan Frecciabianca service

Hello, I made an online reservation on the Frecciabianca from La Spezia to Roma. I selected two seats back to back instead of intended face to face. I would like to change. Hardly any seats are reserved at present for May trip.

I am unable to find how to reselect seats. Can this be done? If so, how?

Many thanks

Bernadette

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,149 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Seat plan on Trenitalia's Venice-Milan Frecciabianca service

As far as I know, this can only be done by cancelling your booking and making a new booking. If you have booked Economy or Super Economy tickets, this would be throwing money down the drain,

If you're lucky, there will be a suitable empty seat next to you or opposite one of you. But if you occupy it, you cannot guarantee that it is not reserved from any of the other stops (up to seven) en route. Though people finding their reserved seat occupied do sometimes choose to sit in a vacant seat rather than ask the occupant to move.

Mudjimba, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seat plan on Trenitalia's Venice-Milan Frecciabianca service

Many thanks for your reply.

8. Re: Seat plan on Trenitalia's Venice-Milan Frecciabianca service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions