We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reclining seats

new jersey
Level Contributor
260 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
reclining seats

When traveling within Switzerland and from Switzerland to Paris do the second class seats recline at all? I know there are fewer seats in a first class carriage but as part of the decision making process I wanted to know about the reclining seats as well,especially on a trip of longer than 2 hours.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
61,198 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: reclining seats

I cannot speak for the Paris - Switzerland trains, but I did not encounter any reclining seats on my numerous second class rail journeys during my recent week's visit to Switzerland. Sorry.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,042 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: reclining seats

In most trains either both 2nd and 1st class have reclining seats, or neither of them.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,892 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: reclining seats

How far do you need them to recline? In Switzerland there are dozens of different companies, each with different seat types.

new jersey
Level Contributor
260 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: reclining seats

Not a huge amount but due to back problems can't sit straight up for too long-maybe like an airplane 1 or 2 notches

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: reclining seats

On the Lyria (the company that operates the TGV trains between France and Switzerland) the seats in 2nd class wont recline, in first call the recline in minimal and it depends on the type of TGV you are on. Regardless the train is very comfortable compared to other forms of transport between the two counties.

new jersey
Level Contributor
260 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: reclining seats

thank you-

7. Re: reclining seats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2014, 05:20