We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where is the number on my eurail pass to book reservations

Canada
Level Contributor
150 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
where is the number on my eurail pass to book reservations

Hello,

Just got off the phone with Rail Europe and they did not know the answer to this. I hope someone will be able to shed some light. I went on to trenitalia website to book a reservation from Venice to Milan and was able to get to the point where I need to enter my eurail pass number :under data for access to discounts/offers column it is asking for a "ticket number support". What do I enter in this area:

my Civ no. at the very top center of the ticket or the number hilited in orange in the bottom left hand corner of the pass. I do not want to go ahead and 'guess' at the correct one b.c. with my luck, I will show up and the conductor will state that I entered the wrong one on my reserve. form. thanks to all for any advice here,

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10,008 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where is the number on my eurail pass to book reservations

Best not to deal with Rail Europe, that's what most people in this forum would recommend.

Anyway, the number to use is the one starting with 'EUxxx', here is the guide to book reservations on Trenitalia site

eurail.com/plan-your-trip/train-reservations…

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
90,189 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where is the number on my eurail pass to book reservations

It is too late for the OP but, for the benefit of others who may read this post, train passes are almost never worthwhile in Italy. All the fast trains require a seat reservation, which costs an extra €10. If you book well ahead, a ticket from Venice to Milan might be obtained for €9 including the seat reservation.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,895 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where is the number on my eurail pass to book reservations

Some advice for future reference

europetrainsguide.com/Advice/Rail-Passes/Rai…

seat61.com/….UjF3Dsash8E

A pass is no good in Italy. Even if you buy full-priced tickets on the day it is cheaper and less cumbersome.

Canada
Level Contributor
150 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where is the number on my eurail pass to book reservations

We are actually traveling through Italy, Switzerland, Germany and the Netherlands. It was more cost effective to go this way. I researched the ticket prices on both the Italian train site and the Rail Europe site and came out ahead with a Select Pass. I talked with Mark Smith and he indicated to use either number on my Select Pass into that category as they do not check very closely and as long as I had one of the numbers from my pass I would be ok. . I also communicated with Eurail and they said to use the Cit. number. I did not receive an Eu number from R.E. The booking number I got from them was Pu and 8 numbers. I can not see how the PU number would be relevant as it does not appear anywhere on my Pass. Maybe you can advise to why the Eu/Pu number is helpful to them when studying my Eurail pass? thank you to all for your help.

Edited: 12 September 2013, 14:58
Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,895 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where is the number on my eurail pass to book reservations

The prices on the Rail Europe site are many many times higher than the real price - it is not a rail operator, but a very expensive reseller, so its prices should not be used for comparison. In fact it should not be used at all. But you'll know for future reference, and for others reading this.

6. Re: where is the number on my eurail pass to book reservations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2014, 05:18