We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VirginTrains Refunds

Perth, Australia
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
VirginTrains Refunds

Hi all,

I recently bought a return ticket from virgin trains to and from Buxton to London (advance ticket there, off-peak ticket back). However, I'm trying to get a refund on the ticket back to London as I've since found cheap tickets elsewhere.

I selected the option to pick the tickets up from the FastTicket machine during my online purchase. The refund confirmation page is telling me that I have to send the tickets and confirmation page to their refund centre in order to get a refund. However, on their website it says that if I have selected to pick up my tickets from the self-serve machine I do not have to send them my tickets and only need to apply online for a refund (…custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4038)

However, I have spoken to their staff via email and on their live chat helpline. In both cases, they have told me I need to print the tickets off from their self-serve machine and send them to their refund centre when I get there. I, however, live in Australia. My tickets are for 4/12/13, I am only getting to the UK on 28/11/13 and their website says I need to apply for a refund within 28 days of the ticket expiry date.

In short: help!

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
13,649 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VirginTrains Refunds

If you are unable to cancel the tickets in Virgin website "My Account", then collect the tickets on 28 Nov and put them in the post that day. You don't have to wait till the day of travel to collect them. Within 28 days of the ticket expiry date means within 28 days of 4/12/13.

2. Re: VirginTrains Refunds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2014, 06:19