We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advanced fairs - fluctuations in prices

bristol
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Topic
Advanced fairs - fluctuations in prices

I was looking for an advanced fair from North Wales to London. In the week, the price quoted, with a rail card, was £89.90. It suddenly went up on Saturday morning to £107. I booked thinking it would only go up more -only to find it went back down on Sunday.

Hmmm, looks like the prices go up on Saturday when people are off work and more likely to go on line, or is that me just being cynical?

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
14,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advanced fairs - fluctuations in prices

It's more likely that at the time you looked on Sat morning, someone else had the last £89.90 fare in their 'basket' but did not complete the purchase and the fare was released back into availability.

2. Re: Advanced fairs - fluctuations in prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2014, 06:20