We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

christmas travel in europe suggestions.

Burnaby
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
christmas travel in europe suggestions.

hello all,

I live in Paris now and i have two weeks holiday coming this christmas season from dec 21.

i plan to use 5-6 days to travel around europe. things to see in mind is the christmas market and trains that have moon roofs to see the snowy mountains. i had an expensive experience at switzerland once and hope to avoid it if possible.

like most, the most economical, the better.

thank you in advance!

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: christmas travel in europe suggestions.

Bavaria and Salzburg area have the best christmas markets. Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Bamberg, Nuremberg, Munich and Salzburg are popular destinations

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,737 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: christmas travel in europe suggestions.

I have never seen a train with a 'moon roof' other than those on the scenic mountain railways in expensive Switzerland, so I cannot see that happening.

Don't forget that trains will be very very busy during that period, so where reservations are essential eg any trip between Paris and Germany, you must get those arranged soon.

Burnaby
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: christmas travel in europe suggestions.

thank you. i am desperately looking at things now. i guess the winter trains is kinda out of question.

4. Re: christmas travel in europe suggestions.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2014, 05:17