We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help!

East Brookfield...
4 posts
Save Topic
Help!

I'm from Colorado, and have never taken a train in my life. What would be the cheapest, and easiest route from Worcester, Ma to Atlanta, Ga..or anywhere in Ga really? Any help would be awesome, I'm not even sure how to search for that on amtrack. Thank you!

also: I'm planning on leaving between the 6th and the 12th of this month, I need to be in Atlanta by the 13th

Chicago
Level Contributor
7,116 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Help!

Alyssa, I am not a train expert, but hopefully this can help you. If you go to the Amtrak site, http://www.amtrak.com you will see that the Crescent runs between New York and Atlanta. It is an overnight train. So basically you need to take one of the trains from Boston to New York to catch the Crescent. Those appear to be the Acela express and the Northeast Regional. If you go to routes you can see these listed.

There may be other options to get to New York from Boston as well involving buses, I would check the New York City and Boston forums for that, as I have seen discussions there in the past but haven't really read them through as I've never had need to go between them. Do a forum search and you will find them.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,901 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help!

To get from Worcester to Boston South station there are the commuter trains of MBTA - www.mbta.com so the whole trip to Atlanta can be done by train.

Reservation is essential on Amtrak trains, so get going!

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
9,190 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help!

As mentioned, there is only one train- The Crescent, train #19. It leaves NY at 2:15 PM, arrives in Atlanta 815 AM. There are many trains between Boston and NYC. Take one that leaves Boston before 9:00 am to make sure you don't have any problems due to delays. As for cost, you are probably too late to get an inexpensive fare. AMTRAK prices the same way the airlines do- the later you book, the more it costs. Generally within two weeks of your departure date, you will be paying the highest fare. Go to www.amtrak.com, and book now.

Chicago
Level Contributor
7,116 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Help!

If you are confused on the website then call them or go to a station and book in person.

East Brookfield...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help!

thank you, i dont know why i didnt think of that

6. Re: Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2014, 05:17