We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris to Colmar to Avignon to Paris in June

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Paris to Colmar to Avignon to Paris in June

Our flights and hotels are booked for our French vacation June 15-30. Next step is to book trains between these three destinations. My husband and I will be coming from some business appointments in London on Eurostar June 15. I have already purchased those tickets. We will meet our two daughters in Paris (they are flying in from the US on June 15), then travel together:

Paris to Colmar on June 19 in the afternoon

Colmar to Avignon on June 24--a previous poster told me there is a direct train for this that arrives at 17:15 or so in Avignon

Avignon to CDG on June 29; stay in an airport hotel and fly home on June 30.

We know not to use the RailEurope site. Will probably go through capitainetrain.com. We plan to buy the lowest fares we can get so we want to purchase tickets as soon as they are available for these dates. When can I expect that to be? Any other suggestions/advice? Thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,270 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris to Colmar to Avignon to Paris in June

For the best prices, book soon after tickets go on sale, 3 months before travel.

For your planning, use the current timetable. There may be minor timetable changes from 15 June, but they are unlikely to cause significant changes to the general pattern of services.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,532 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris to Colmar to Avignon to Paris in June

The current SNCF timetable is good until mid - July, so just pick the same day of the week from current listings to check times for your planned trips. Then as sydneynick says, make your reservations when the window opens.

Do be aware that the very cheapest tickets are often non refundable and non exchangeable should plans change.

3. Re: Paris to Colmar to Avignon to Paris in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2015, 06:19