We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatwick to turnham green

Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Gatwick to turnham green

Anybody know how much the southern train lines would charge to Victoria with an all day travelcard included?? As we need to get to turnham green then various different zones around london in the one day, trying to do this cheapest way

Australia
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatwick to turnham green

Sorry Westhfc, I'm not sure of the answer (I've lived here 7 years, but the pricing of trains still confuses me!) - but you might want to post your question on the London forum where people with more knowledge of the ticket pricing will be able to help.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,977 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gatwick to turnham green

I cannot get the Southern website to tell me the cost of all zones Travelcard from Gatwick Airport but that is what you will need as you will cross into the outermost zone on your way from Gatwick to Victoria. After that the entire London system is yours.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatwick to turnham green

I would think though, that you wouldn't need an all zones travlecard - probably just a ticket from Gatwick to one of the London zones, then a travelcard for within those zones. It probably depends on which zones you plan to travel in within London.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
7,234 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gatwick to turnham green

>>I would think though, that you wouldn't need an all zones travlecard - probably just a ticket from Gatwick to one of the London zones, then a travelcard for within those zones. It probably depends on which zones you plan to travel in within London.<<

Buying multiple tickets would work out more expensive, and complicate things unnecessarily. The cheapest, and easiest, way to do it is to purchase a out boundary Travelcard at Gatwick. The whole point of this ticket is that is cheaper than buying train tickets and Travelcards separately.

A Southern-only Off Peak One Day Travelcard is £15.80.

Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gatwick to turnham green

Thanks very much bungle 73

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
7,234 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gatwick to turnham green

You're welcome.

"Off Peak", in this case, means any train timed to arrive in London at or after 9:50am btw.

7. Re: Gatwick to turnham green

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2015, 05:22