We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

florence to konstanz germany too long a trip

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
florence to konstanz germany too long a trip

Im planning this train route leaving italy and going onto germany ..travel 1 hour local tuscany into florence, then get train up through milan and onto zurich and onto konstanz.....this is far too long a train trip for me, and im wondering where the connections are to stopover for a night and a walk around. Zurich is far too pricey for me. This route goes through como, italy and this looks nice...I could afford a one day break in time and budget, and continue the day after.

my reason for going this route is I want to visit mainau island on the lake then continue to up into eastern germany then northern.

1. Re: florence to konstanz germany too long a trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 21 March 2014, 18:54
Edited: 21 March 2014, 18:54
2. Re: florence to konstanz germany too long a trip

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 21 March 2014, 18:53
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,124 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: florence to konstanz germany too long a trip

Maybe Como San Giovanni for Como in Italy

In Switzerland, Lugano is lovely but expensive.

Fluelen or Brunnen on Lake Lucerne might be nice, if they're affordable for you. To reach these, buy your ticket from Milan to Arth-Goldau as this gets a substantial advance reduction, then backtrack ten or fifteen minutes on local trains on which there are no advance reductions. Or for somewhere larger go to Lucerne itself, with one direct train from Milan. and plenty of other connections via Arth-Goldau.

4. Re: florence to konstanz germany too long a trip

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2015, 05:20