We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London International CIV

Matlock, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
London International CIV

has this option ended as even on Raileasy it sees not be recognised?

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
19,714 posts
43 reviews
1. Re: London International CIV

According to 'The Man in Seat 61', you can get London International CIV tickets from Loco2.

www.loco2.com

www.seat61.com/UKconnections.htm#London International CIV

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
13,997 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: London International CIV

You can also get them from any railway station ticket office if you show your Eurostar onward booking

Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
8,053 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: London International CIV

Yes, they are no longer available on Raileasy but can be bought from www.Loco2.com using London International (CIV) as your destination (make sure you select the version with the CIV bit!)

Matlock, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
4. Re: London International CIV

We are flying out to Switzerland and only doing Eurostar coing back and Loco2.com only seems to provide the same as normal priced tickets, plus I am not sure that as an origin it is picking up the CIV bit.

PS your website is wonderful and has started us travelling round Europe by train (Glacier Express at Easter is the highlight of this one)

Shaftesbury, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: London International CIV

You will pay considerably more on Loco. The only way, in my experience, is directly from the station ticket office. And even the you don't necessarily get the right fare. Beware!

Shaftesbury, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: London International CIV

You will pay considerably more on Loco. The only way, in my experience, is directly from the station ticket office. And even the you don't necessarily get the right fare. Beware!

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
19,714 posts
43 reviews
7. Re: London International CIV

Why do you pay 'considerably more' on Loco2?

Edited: 21 July 2014, 10:17
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
50,911 posts
435 reviews
8. Re: London International CIV

Yes, I'd like to know that, too. Considerably more than buying from the railway station? And how much more is considerable?

Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
8,053 posts
4 reviews
9. Re: London International CIV

I buy my Aylesbury to London International CIV tickets online at www.loco2.com - exactly the same price as at the station, and no booking fee either. What's not to like?

And in fact I can't buy at the station (Aylesbury Vale Parkway) as the ticket office is usually closed when I leave and the machines don't list London International CIV as a destination.

Loco2 is a blessing, I'd be stuck without it.

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
10. Re: London International CIV

I agree that Loco2 is excellent, having planned our forthcoming holiday to Italy using that site and Seat 61 tips.

My local station seems not to know about CIV tickets and it appears on the Loco2 site as a valid place to purchase them. Training issues?

I used Seat 61 two years ago to plan and deliver a holiday in India. Doing it yourself saves a fortune!

Thanks Mark.