We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confirmation of seat booking

Abidjan, Cote...
1 post
Save Topic
Confirmation of seat booking

I have purchased 4 tickets in 2nd class ( 2 adult and 2 child) from Rome to Verona at Inter city Notte 764. The seat numbers as mention in the e ticket are 83-83-84-86. But I saw in one of the web site that seats numbered 71-86/88 are never reserved on any Intercity and IntercityPlus trains'. the web address is www.slowtrav.com/italy/trains/service.htm If this statement is true than why I am issued with the e tickets mentioning seat number as I said above. Since I will move with my family and kids, please confirm me

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,496 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Confirmation of seat booking

1. The website statement refers to Intercity and Intercity Plus trains, not to Intercity Notte trains.

2. While what it says was true until about five years ago, it has not been true since - Intercity Plus trains no longer exist, and all seats on Intercity trains are now reservable. Travel on Intercity trains without seat reservations (now included with most tickets) is no longer permitted.

There is a great deal of information on the Internet that is out of date, including this.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
9,211 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Confirmation of seat booking

I don't think you need to worry about this, the author of that website is merely talking about seats for the daytime Intercity trains, not the Intercity Notte 764.

If you had bought the tickets from Trenitalia, you would have been confirmed with the seat reservations, as per the following diagram (presumably you did not purchase couchette, only seats)

https:/…2008.18.jpg

3. Re: Confirmation of seat booking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2015, 07:15