We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to book club duo seats on TGV train Barcelona to Paris?

seattle
Level Contributor
163 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
How to book club duo seats on TGV train Barcelona to Paris?

Hello, I have tried to find a way to book the 1st class club duo seats on the high speed TGV train from Barcelona to Paris in late July. I've tried both loco2 and capitainetrain and neither will give me that option. Both sites keep assigning me side by side seats. Anybody out there have any ideas? Thank you in advance for your help.

Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
8,215 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to book club duo seats on TGV train Barcelona to Paris?

You have to book by phone to get that option.

seattle
Level Contributor
163 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to book club duo seats on TGV train Barcelona to Paris?

Thank you for your response. I e-mailed Capitainetrain and they told me that they are unable to choose specific seats on the direct TGV Barcelona to Paris trains. I guess I'll try calling them. Thanks again.

Dallas, Texas...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How to book club duo seats on TGV train Barcelona to Paris?

did calling work? I need to do the same thing. thanks!

Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
8,215 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to book club duo seats on TGV train Barcelona to Paris?

You can't call Capitainetrain - they don't have a call centre.

You'd have to call an agency in your home country - eg Rail Europe in the US or Australia, uk.voyages-sncf.com in the UK.

The only other option is trial and error - make repeated bookings on www.capitainetrain.com and add them to your basket until you get a club duo (Google for TGV Duplex seat plan)

Also remmeber that split-ticketing at Perpignan can save up to 47% on this route (this means travelling on a Paris-Barcelona train using two tickets not one, split at Perpignan. You need to switch seats at perpignan though.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
5,759 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How to book club duo seats on TGV train Barcelona to Paris?

And I think, but can't check now, that if you split the ticket you can actually select the duo seats for the Perpignan - Paris part. But I generally travel alone, so if maybe someone else can confirm this?

Edited: 23 October 2014, 17:21
6. Re: How to book club duo seats on TGV train Barcelona to Paris?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2015, 04:15