We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Needed! Paris to Bayeux

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
3 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Help Needed! Paris to Bayeux

I'm in need of help! I am trying to get from Paris to Bayeux on Monday, June 9th. We have a 9:30 tour of Normandy booked that day. I was told there is an early morning train that departs Paris at 6:45 and arrives in Bayeux at 9:27 or so but I can't find it anywhere. If anyone can be of assistance I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8,782 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help Needed! Paris to Bayeux

If you search here, you will find the direct Intercites train (none that I could see leaving at 6:45)

http://en.voyages-sncf.com/en/

(they are leaving from Paris Gare St Lazare)

If you use this journey planner, you can find all the non-direct trains, involving Intercites and TER trains

ter-sncf.com/Regions/…Default.aspx

(again, start from Paris-St-Lazare as the originating point)

Unfortunately, the journey planner is only in French, and I was not able to find one leaving Paris at 6:45, perhaps some other TA experts can correct me here

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2,465 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help Needed! Paris to Bayeux

The normally accurate bahn.de shows no early train that morning - the earliest arrival is 11.16. Checking on the next day, the 09.26 arrival is shown as Monday - Friday except 9th June.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help Needed! Paris to Bayeux

June 9 is the Pentecost public holiday - hence no early morning trains for business travellers

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,358 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help Needed! Paris to Bayeux

Correct. June 9th is a public holiday so the first train from Paris to Bayeux is the 0910, arriving at 1118.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
3 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help Needed! Paris to Bayeux

Thanks so much for your help! Looks like I may need to rent a car. Is driving in Paris difficult?

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
3 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help Needed! Paris to Bayeux

I appreciate everyone's help and insight!!!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Help Needed! Paris to Bayeux

It can be difficult to drive in Paris but it's on a holiday so if you leave early there might be less traffic.

It depends on what itinerary you choose. Bigger problems in Paris when driving are the following : if you don't know the city well and if you are not on the main boulevards, it is complicated to understand directions. I would advise you to use a GPS or print and watch carefully the itinerary before going. You also have to be careful of the bus lanes and the one-way streets. I don't know if you're used to drive on the right side, which might be a difficulty for the whole way.

Otherwise, once you have left Paris it is pretty easy to drive around, there's a highway (A13) that goes toNormandy (approx 3hours but you have to pay a fare)

8. Re: Help Needed! Paris to Bayeux

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2015, 06:16