We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wrong passport to France

4 posts
Save Topic
Wrong passport to France

Because I was in a terrible rush I didn't check I had the right passport and accidentally took my daughters! And because I was ill I tried to getting through passport control twice! They took me off and gave me a piece of paper with my daughters passport number and my signature. That seemed to be the end of it. Since then I lost the piece of paper and am worried whether we'll have trouble in the future entering France !

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wrong passport to France

Well if they confiscated your daughter's passport and gave you a receipt for it then your daughter is not going to be able to travel until she gets it back.

You - presumably you've still got YOUR passport - shouldn't have any problems.

Or is that not what happened - your post is rather confusing.

4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wrong passport to France

They didn't confiscate her passport.

4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wrong passport to France

Sorry if it's confusing.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,006 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wrong passport to France

What's your nationality? If you are a citizen of an EU country you have freedom of movement within the EU, and if that's the case, I don't see how this would be a problem in the future.

4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wrong passport to France

Thank you, that does make me feel better, I'm British. And would never normally do something like that. It was because I was Ill.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wrong passport to France

Perhaps all this should be posted somewhere other than the train travel forum.......

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises
Level Contributor
44,913 posts
427 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wrong passport to France

I have to say that the connection to Train Travel is not at all obvious!