We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday train service June 2014

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Sunday train service June 2014

I would like to travel from Oban to Glasgow airport Sunday in June 2014 for a 14:00 flight. Would there be train service from Oban or wpuld I be better off staying in Glasgow Saturday night? Thanks, I believe the train schedules are changing in May 2014.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,900 posts
1. Re: Sunday train service June 2014

The first train from Oban on a Sunday in June won't get you to Glasgow in time. It leaves Oban at 12:11, arriving Glasgow Queen Street at 15:28, so that's obviously no use to you.

You have no choice but to go to Glasgow the night before.

You can see train timetables here:

…nationalrail.co.uk/service/…outwardJump

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
2. Re: Sunday train service June 2014

There's a morning Citylink bus that gets to Buchanan Street bus station at 1036 - might give just enough leeway to get to the airport on time

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Sunday train service June 2014

Thanks, I will check that out!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Sunday train service June 2014

Yes, that's what I thought, thanks for confirming!

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
50,911 posts
435 reviews
5. Re: Sunday train service June 2014

For what it's worth, I'd always stay near to the airport on the night before a flight, particularly if it's long haul. I'd rather not spend the morning of the day of the flight worrying if there are transportation problems and I'm a couple of hours away from the terminal!

6. Re: Sunday train service June 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 06:16