We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I get cheap rail travel through Trip Advisor.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
How do I get cheap rail travel through Trip Advisor.

Hi a friend was speaking to me last night and was telling me he gets cheap rail tickets through Trip Advisor is this correct? if so how do I go about this. Thanks.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises
Level Contributor
47,942 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do I get cheap rail travel through Trip Advisor.

Perhaps he was referring to the advice that is given out in this forum and others about how you can save money. I know of no way to purchase rail tickets through this website, and I am thankful about that!

One of the best pieces of advice anyone can give is to avoid using the Train Line as they charge additional fees which are easily avoided.

Edited: 14 May 2014, 14:34
Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
15,283 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do I get cheap rail travel through Trip Advisor.

No businesses allowed on TA.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,071 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do I get cheap rail travel through Trip Advisor.

Hi William;

TripAdvisor is a database website. It does NOT sell anything, train tickets or otherwise.

Best Regards

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Pecs, Budapest
Level Contributor
4,671 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How do I get cheap rail travel through Trip Advisor.

The DE's for rail travel here are very good at giving you links and advice on how to get cheap tickets from A to B. I'm sure that your friend was referring to the advice and instructions he got (and presumably followed).

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,652 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How do I get cheap rail travel through Trip Advisor.

check out www.seat61.com scroll down till you find the country you want to visit in the left down the left side of the screen. when you have a specific question post it again here or head to the forum for that country

6. Re: How do I get cheap rail travel through Trip Advisor.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 09:15