We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Murren to Salzburg

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Murren to Salzburg

Traveling on 6/29/14 from Murren to Salzburg and finally found a decent price for 3 of us in SBB but the connection times seem really short. 6 minutes in Interlaken Ost to get from platform 2a to 5, 9 minutes in Bern to get from platform 6 to 7, the longest is 12 minutes in Zurich to get from platform 10 to 9. Am I over reacting here? Wife and 15 year old son and I are traveling and want to get the tickets in advance but don't want to miss a train. Are they hop on hop off types like Inter city in rest of Europe of if we miss are we out of luck? Zurich to Salzburg is Railjet so i figure we better catch that one.

Customs to worry about or just get on and ride? If we catch it?! Thanks for all your help in advance.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
9,346 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Murren to Salzburg

Bern station layout

sbb.ch/content/sbb/en/desktop/bahnhof-servic…

(platform 6 to 7 means you go down the steps to change platforms)

Zurich station layout

sbb.ch/content/…plan-zuerich-hb-a4.pdf

(not clear whether platform 9 and 10 are adjacent or not)

With Swiss trains, you can just board any train, because there are no reservations both on the Regional and Intercity trains. I suggest however, that you reserve the Railjet separately to be able to get the seats together. There is never any need to reserve Regional or Intercity trains.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Murren to Salzburg

Thanks hadiwi56a, so off the train and down the stairs in 9 minutes? Reserved seats came with the price on sbb so no worries there. Just worry about making connection. Thanks for posting the diagrams that was my next thought. Do you see anything in our itinerary that doesn't make sense!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
9,346 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Murren to Salzburg

You should be fine, the main thing is not to miss the Railjet, since your ticket is valid only for that connection.

4. Re: Murren to Salzburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2015, 06:17