We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using the Deutsche Bahn site

4 posts
Save Topic
Using the Deutsche Bahn site

Hi, I'm trying to book tickets on DB site for Frankfurt Paris, ICE, first class. All goes well until I am at the seat selection area, then I have questions/problems.

First, I don't fully understand the zones or compartment choices.

Second, after I choose them, on the next page I get a red message saying no seat diagram available or some such. I'm concerned about what seats we'll end up in. Should I be? Or, should I just go ahead and book? I'd like to get either a six seat compartment (we're a family of five) or seats facing each other across a table. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
9,200 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Using the Deutsche Bahn site

Deutsche Bahn never offers a seat selection, it only offers choices such as windows, aisle and compartment. With regards to compartments, not all ICE trains have this compartment option. Where there is a compartment option, it is usually in first class and contains 4 seats face to face, with a sliding glass door.

There won't be a compartment for six, best you could do is to select compartment for 4, and then book another 2 separately, or just request for 6, and then the system will do its best to allocate adjacent seats.

I have my guess that the route is served by ICE3 trains, so I can only offer you these links with the seat configurations

www.ice-fansite.com/index.php…

From the diagram, it appears that they DO have a compartment for six for ICE3 (assuming your train is)

Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
8,088 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Using the Deutsche Bahn site

DB (bahn.de) does now give a chance to select an exact seat from a numbered seat plan, but it only works on routes inside Germany plus a few others, so may or may not work here even though it's a German ICE 3M.

The ICE3Ms have a couple of 1st class 6-seater compartments, so if you'd like this, select compartment. Otherwise saloon with table would get you four seats around a table plus one extra seat nearby.

3. Re: Using the Deutsche Bahn site

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 06:17