We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Online tickets for Polish trains

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
37 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Online tickets for Polish trains

Has anyone used the PKP intercity online site to buy tickets and print them at home?

I want to book sleeper tickets through the My e-IC. Will this work?!

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
17,289 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Online tickets for Polish trains

Earlier this year I used the PKP Intercity site with no problems to book a ticket from Krakow to Warsaw and was able to print the ticket at home.

They send you an email confirmation of the booking, but, to print your ticket you have to log back into your account on the PKP site and print it from there.

However, I'm not sure about how this works when booking a sleeper train, although I would have thought it works the same as if you booked a ticket for during the day like I did.

2. Re: Online tickets for Polish trains

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 26 June 2014, 04:13
Edited: 26 June 2014, 04:13
Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Online tickets for Polish trains

Yes, it works the same as with the day trains. You can't book international sleeper trains.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
37 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Online tickets for Polish trains

Thanks for those replies. I shall have a go!

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Online tickets for Polish trains

Here is a step-by-step guide, just on night trains there is more accommodation choice (seat/couchette/sleeper)

europetrainsguide.com/Advice/…Poland-PKP.html

BTW, check if you do not have a direct flight to your destination (Eurolot and Ryanair)

Edited: 26 June 2014, 08:22
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
37 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Online tickets for Polish trains

That link is really useful. Thanks a lot.

I do already have flights booked to and from Krakow, but will look at those another time!

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Online tickets for Polish trains

I meant both Eurolot and Ryanair offer intra-Poland flights withought having to go via Warsaw (Krakow-Gdansk, Wroclaw-Gdansk, Wroclaw-Lublin, Lublin-Gdansk, etc) as an alernative to overnight trains.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
37 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Online tickets for Polish trains

That makes sense - I like to take the train, though!

Thank you for all your help. I have just booked the sleeper train this morning and printed my ticket. Can't wait to travel.

9. Re: Online tickets for Polish trains

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 June 2014, 21:49
10. Re: Online tickets for Polish trains

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2015, 05:17