We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Den Haag to Brugge then Brugge to Nuremberg

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
5 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Den Haag to Brugge then Brugge to Nuremberg

Fellow travelers, I have about a day half where I would like to go from Den Haag to Brugge and then need to leave Brugge and head to Nurmberg so I need advice and guidance on taking trains and possibly storing suitcases in Brugge. I would spend more time but I'm on a fixed program otherwise.

Questions:

1. What trains will get me from Den Haag HS to Brugge? (I have a Benelux Pass.)

2. My goal in Brugge is see the Madonna & Child and little bit of the city. Maybe have some chocolate too:)

3. Should I spend the night in Brugge or just head over to Brussels to catch a train for Nuremberg?

4. What train will take me from Brugge to Brussels? Alternativly, Brugge to Nuremberg or Brussels to Nuremberg?

I know it maybe way too much to try to do in a short time but don't know if I'll ever get the chance again.

Thanks in advance!

Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
7,925 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Den Haag to Brugge then Brugge to Nuremberg

Book Den Haag to Brussels at www.b-europe.com or simply buy at the station - the direct IC InterCity trains require no reservation and have a fixed price, you can buy on the day at the price shown online.

Book Bruges to Nuremberg at www.bahn.de/en from 39 euros for an inclusive through ticket and print it out.

This covers any half hourly IC train to Brussels then German high-speed ICE trains from Brussels to Nuremberg.

If you don't see any suitable options also try www.b-europe.com as this can do the Thalys as well as ICE trains between Brussels and Cologne, meaning many more possible departures.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
5 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Den Haag to Brugge then Brugge to Nuremberg

Thank you so much! This seems doable. Do you suggest spending the night in Brugge or Brussels to catch the train through to Nuremberg.

3. Re: Den Haag to Brugge then Brugge to Nuremberg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2015, 05:16