We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thalys questions

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
895 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
Thalys questions

I'm planning to book travel from Brussels to Amsterdam on Thalys. It's too early to book at the moment, but I have a few questions which I hope someone will be able to answer.

1. Will the tickets be emailed to me, so I can print them out, or will I need to pick them up somewhere once in Brussels?

2. Is a booking fee standard on Thalys? When I do a dummy booking, it appears that there is a fee of €9 per ticket.

Cheers DL

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10,017 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thalys questions

1. It is a self print ticket

2. where do you book? There is no booking fee.

for the easiest booking, book with the Belgian rail www.b-europe.com. I always recommend my friends to book there, even for TGV tickets

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
895 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thalys questions

Thanks for the reply. I was actually looking on the Thalys site (well, pretty sure I was), which I never seem to be able to connect to when using my ipad. Which I can't understand, but technology is not my strong point. I will look at the site you suggested.

Cheets DL

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
17,292 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thalys questions

I actually booked some tickets on www.thalys.com last night.

No booking fee and they are print at home tickets.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
895 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thalys questions

Good to know, Matt. Just trying to get all my ducks in a row, as we can only book this just before we leave home, as it is towards the end of a 3+ month trip.

Cheers DL

Fort Lauderdale...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Thalys questions

Does anyone know the condition of the Thalys first class seats , comfort etc.

I just had a friend who took a TGV in France 1st class and said it was awful. A/C didn't work properly , food car was horrible they ended up moving into the 2nd class car which had alot of empty seats and better A/C.

Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thalys questions

Your friend's experience is unusual. First class on TGV and Thalys is significantly superior to 2nd. I've never known the A/C out of action. Food is OK, but as anywhere it'll be cheaper to take your own than buy in board.

7. Re: Thalys questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2015, 05:16