We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trenitalia HELP please

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Trenitalia HELP please

I have been trying to reserve tickets for hours, I have a interrail pass, I've scanned through endless forums, tried not entering email or phone number, putting 2 passengers instead of one it doesn't let me and its so frustrating , I need it for the 26th of July. It says Error 291 once I get as far as entering my passenger details and clicking continue. I can't put in my corporate ID or loyalty code as I don't know what they are.Also I can't register as I can't find UK on list.

If worse comes to worse can I reserve a ticket in Italy at the station or get a regional train on the day? I arrive on 23th of July , also I'm trying to do it for naples to rome if it helps

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated !!

Quainton, United...
Level Contributor
7,701 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trenitalia HELP please

With regional trains, you just board them and flash your pass when asked - as simple as that.

Yes, you can pay the 10 euros and make a high-speed train reservation in Italy., there's no quota or anything and the trains seldom get full.

If you have problems using www.trenitalia.com to make passholder reservations, use www.italiarail.com.

They add a 3.50 euro fee, but will refund this if you email them afterwards quoting Tripadvisor.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trenitalia HELP please

Thank you good sir

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8,635 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trenitalia HELP please

>>I'm trying to do it for naples to rome <<

If you are using any of the 'Frecce' trains (not Regional trains) then you do need to reserve. When you have selected the respective train, you will be able to select 'Global Pass' from a drop down menu, and pay €10 reservation for that train

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,100 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trenitalia HELP please

Once you have selected a train, you must then select "VIEW OTHER PRICES AND SERVICES (CARTAFRECCIA offers, discount cards,other offers" and then you must click "Continue".

You will then be able to access the drop-down menu, which you do by clicking the arrow in the "Offers" column next to "Base".

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trenitalia HELP please

Yeh I get to the global pass and further when you enter passenger details and buyer info, then error

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8,635 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trenitalia HELP please

Try not putting any additional info such as phone numbers, the system fails if you have this info.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,100 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Trenitalia HELP please

Select 'Non-registered user" when paying, and only enter Name, Surname and E-mail for yourself. No other details are required of any passengers including yourself - leave these blank.

And if you still can't make it work, reserve on www.italiarail.com and claim the booking fee back after purchase by emailing your booking number to tripadvisor@italiarail.com

Edited: 15 July 2014, 22:17
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Trenitalia HELP please

Tanks I've just booked it through Italiarail, after all the hassle from trenitalia. Thanks for the email

9. Re: Trenitalia HELP please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2015, 06:16