We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tilbury departure

glasgow
Level Contributor
28 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Tilbury departure

What is the best way to travel to Tilbury from Glasgow without flying?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
51,482 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tilbury departure

Fast but not cheap take a train to London Euston (www.virgintrains.co.uk) then cross London by Underground (tube) to Tower Hill, walk around the corner to Fenchurch Street station from where frequent suburban trains run to Tilbury. If you book in advance you should be able to get one ticket to take you all the way, including the Underground connection. That can be really quite inexpensive but the very cheapest tickets are sometimes no refundable and non exchangeable if your plans change.

Cheap but not fast take National Express coach to London Victoria, then Underground etc as above.

Which is best? Time vs money.

I'm guessing you might be picking up a cruise there. I don't know how far the station at Tilbury is from the cruise ship dock.

Edited: 08 August 2014, 18:26
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,617 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tilbury departure

>>> I don't know how far the station at Tilbury is from the cruise ship dock. <<<

It's about a mile.

Walking from Tilbury Town station to the Cruise Terminal along the dock road is not one for the faint-hearted. If your cruise company offers a transfer from Central London (some have coach transfers from Victoria Coach Station), take it.

3. Re: Tilbury departure

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2015, 06:18