We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast service on East Coast trains from London to Edinbu

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
81 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast service on East Coast trains from London to Edinbu

I've booked to ride on the first class at the 8 am train from London Kings Cross to Edinburgh. We will be staying at Ibis Euston the night before and the accommodation doesn't include breakfast. I wonder if the breakfast is as good as the menu says? Otherwise I will see if we should buy something to eat or book the hotel breakfast in addition.

Thanks.

Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
9,230 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast service on East Coast trains from London to Edinbu

Try this: timescolonist.com/opinion/blogs/wanderings-1…

Third photo down shows East Coast full English, pretty much like the one I had between London and York a couple of weeks ago.

Hot food only served monday- Friday.

Edited: 30 August 2014, 17:24
Cheshire
Level Contributor
28 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast service on East Coast trains from London to Edinbu

I travelled in First Class on East Coast a couple of months ago between Edinburgh and London. It wasn't an early morning service, so I was served the 'All-Day Meal' which was quite substantial. They also make sure you are topped up with drinks pretty regularly.

As long as you are travelling on a weekday, the breakfast should be perfectly adequate. Information about the breakfast offerings can be found at http://www.eastcoast.co.uk/first

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
81 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast service on East Coast trains from London to Edinbu

Thanks guys, and that's correct we are catching the service on a Monday, sounds like hotel breakfast is something we can save on.

Edited: 31 August 2014, 01:33
Kent, UK
Level Contributor
7,525 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast service on East Coast trains from London to Edinbu

I wouldn't call the meals on the All Day Menu "substantial"; it's more of a light meal.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
28 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast service on East Coast trains from London to Edinbu

Yes it wasn't a three course meal, but it was filling enough for me not needing to buy any more food for lunch. To me that makes it substantial.

6. Re: Breakfast service on East Coast trains from London to Edinbu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2015, 05:16