We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go for honeymoon do-over in Caribbean?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
22 posts
15 reviews
7 helpful votes
Where to go for honeymoon do-over in Caribbean?

Hello. My husband finally got a passport and is itching to use it. We would both like to get away to Caribbean in March or late February. We want to go to safe destination that is affordable with a beautiful beach and stay at an all inclusive resort with good service and good food.

My husband likes to be centrally located but we don’t want to be at a party hotel with lots of obnoxious noise/loud music. I’m at a loss for where to go. My husband and I don’t speak Spanish, and my husband is a novice traveler and very sensitive to rude staff and slow service. We were looking at Punta Cana in Dominican Republic due to price point but then read lots of reviews that non Spanish speakers were not treated as well. Also, we see the US state dept. is advising against travel due to crime.

Next, we thought about Cancun but see the US state dept is advising against travel there too including state Cancun is in. But I also know traveling to Puerta Valletta soon so maybe Mexico is not really that unsafe. Next, I thought of English speaking places I have traveled to before getting married including Jamaica, the Bahamas, and Aruba. The US state department just issued travel warnings against travel to Jamaica and the Bahamas. The place I stayed at in Aruba is now $1000 per night which is off our budget. We can swing around $300 per night.

Last year, we went to St Croix for our honeymoon because my husband didn’t have a passport. The hotel we stayed at was beautiful but the service was awful and my husband is a little scarred from the experience. I want to go somewhere in the Caribbean for a 2nd honeymoon where we can relax, have good food and good service and be safe without breaking the bank. Any suggestions?

1 reply
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
48,162 posts
26 reviews
93 helpful votes
1. Re: Where to go for honeymoon do-over in Caribbean?

For Continuity... OPs other post /replies on Beach Vacations Forum

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g1-i12289-k14663035-Where_to_go_for_Safe_cheap_beach_vacation_in_Caribbean-Beach_Vacations.html#119926795

Also posted on Caribbean Forum as well

Edited: 06 February 2024, 23:27
Reply to: Where to go for honeymoon do-over in Caribbean?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.