We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March suggestions

London
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
March suggestions

I’m hoping someone can help with destination idea’s.

My girlfriend and I (both early 30’s) are looking for some guaranteed sun in early March and to make it difficult we are trying to do this relatively on the cheap. Our original plans were Dubai – but was not as cheap as we though it may of been. Or Egypt – but were worried of bad reviews from friends that have been.

We just need some where to chill for 7 days in the sun with a pool/beach at a good price. However, we would like it to have some class (read in to that as you wish). We would like some night life, but this is not our main objective.

Any suggestions would be greatly received. Thanks all.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
993 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: March suggestions

What about Thailand or Malaysia? You should be able to get some good deals out of London.

Ko Chang, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: March suggestions

Koh Chang on Thailands East close to Cambodia, great place in March and hot too. Expect no rain at all.

For info please visit the Koh Chang forum on tripadvisor.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: March suggestions

We were in Morocco in November and loved it. How about Riad Hayati in Marrakesh for a few days to chill out then head over to the coast

London
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: March suggestions

Morocco sounds a good option to me. And Riad Hayati does look nice. If we were to visit for a few days before visiting the cost, how would you recommend getting about - I have driven all over Europe but assumed Africa to be a little different. Plus, your suggestion of RH looks spot on - can you suggest a costal location.

Thank you.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: March suggestions

I like the look of Essaouria and that is where we will go as we will be in Morocco for longer having at a few days at the Riad Hayati first . I think there is public transport for very little or you can get a taxi , or taxi share I think they call them petit taxi maybe if you go to the Marrakesh forum you will get enlightened on there.

6. Re: March suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2010, 16:35
Georgia
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: March suggestions

How about Bali in Indonesia, Phi Phi Island in Thailand, Langkawi in Malaysia, and Plawan in Philippines??

8. Re: March suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2010, 07:16
Get answers to your questions