We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me plan a birthday surprise for hubby:)

beirut
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Help me plan a birthday surprise for hubby:)

Hey everyone:),

My husband's birthday is on 5th October and I'm thinking of surprising him with a 4 day trip somewhere nice.

Which country do u think will make his bd a really memorable one?

Ps: we've been married for almost 20 years and are in early 40( if that might help:))

Thank you in advance

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
515 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me plan a birthday surprise for hubby:)

Surprise him with gorilla trekking in Uganda.

beirut
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me plan a birthday surprise for hubby:)

Hmmm.. I'm not sure how that could be romantic:), I'll put it on my things -to-do before -I die list;)

Sluis, The...
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me plan a birthday surprise for hubby:)

Hi Sarah,

Have you considered Bruges, in Belgium? It's a compact, medieval and romantic town with all highlights, restaurants, museums and attractions within walking distance. Even if you're not into museums Bruges is worth visiting as the city in itself is a must see . Just strolling around and taking in the atmosphere is part of the Bruges experience. It's a safe city, so you can easily walk around in the evening.

3 Days is perfect for Bruges, for a first time visit. On your fourth day you can make a daytrip to (for example) Ghent, Antwerp, Brussels, Ostend, Ypres or the coast. There's plenty to see and do.

If you want to know what Bruges has to offer you can have a look at my Trip Lists:

tripadvisor.co.uk/members-golists/sabrina_ide

Here's the promotional video, made by the tourist office:

http://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=_ZqS2zbpzmM

Feel free to contact me should you have questions about Bruges.

Sabrina

Edited: 01 October 2012, 15:19
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,488 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help me plan a birthday surprise for hubby:)

Paris would be nice, as would the Amalfi Coast in Italy(Capri), or Greek Islands..................flights not too long for you so you are not wasting too much time travelling.......

beirut
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help me plan a birthday surprise for hubby:)

CORRECTION : December 5. :) sorry

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
3,177 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help me plan a birthday surprise for hubby:)

Romantic: Paris! I took my wife there for a surprise BD trip. Did not tell her where we were going until we got to the airport. Only went for 4 days. Happy travels!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,488 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help me plan a birthday surprise for hubby:)

Well, December 5th instead of October 5th changes things a bit as the weather in Paris will be colder, however it's still romantic nontheless....but Amalfi and Greece especially will be much warmer...................it's tough to decide....................also closer to you..........depends what you're looking for really..........

beirut
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help me plan a birthday surprise for hubby:)

I've been to Italy but never amalfi . After u mentioned it I looked it up and thought it would b great visiting it in summer . Greece is a good option though

I'm looking up all the places ur mentioning :) thank you for being part of this

Waiting for more suggestions:)

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,488 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help me plan a birthday surprise for hubby:)

You're more than welcome........................I cruised the Greek islands and went to many of them, they are truly beautiful (and pretty inexpensive as well)....loved them all, but Santorini is a favorite, with a lovely mountain top village and pure white buildings surrounded by bright blue water...........wow!, what memories this brings back.............right now in Toronto when I look out of the window it's overcast/cloudy, the leaves are turning colour, and the cold weather is approaching......sigh:(

Mykonos, Crete, Rhodes all nice, even the tiny island of Patmos is very interesting......................the Amalfi coast is just a dream location, you'll think you're in heaven.................also (even though I think Italy as a whole is amazing)much further north on the coast you will find Cinque Terre, Italy, spectacular, 5 villages built into the rocky cliffs, just a beautiful spot to visit.......I wish Europe wasn't such a long flight/jet lag trip from Toronto, I would visit more often....good luck with your decision, it will be a great surprise for your husband.................

beirut
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help me plan a birthday surprise for hubby:)

I've been to Italy but never amalfi . After u mentioned it I looked it up and thought it would b great visiting it in summer . Greece is a good option though

I'm looking up all the places ur mentioning :) thank you for being part of this

Waiting for more suggestions:)