We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Vegas & Cancun, hotel recommendations?

Glasgow, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Vegas & Cancun, hotel recommendations?

We are getting married next year and looking to go away on honeymoon 02/06/14. We are looking at going to Vegas for 4-5 nights then Cancun for 10, flying from Glasgow. I am looking for some hotel recommendations as there are just so many. We would both like luxury hotels/resorts in the centres of both destinations that are not overly pricey. Also near some clubs/pubs…. We both like to party and would be a little bored going to a more traditional honeymoon spot.

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Cheryl :)

East Haddam...
Level Contributor
584 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Vegas & Cancun, hotel recommendations?

You could look into Signature at MGM grand. Haven't been there myself but people I have hung out with a few different people who have been more then happy with everything. Really central, get to use all the MGM properties but you are separate from the main MGM.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,382 posts
1,663 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Vegas & Cancun, hotel recommendations?

I stayed at the MGM as part of my honeymoon. I liked the hotel, but its at the southern end of the strip and the walk from the entrance of the hotel up to hotel reception like a mile.

I would look at a mid strip property such as Paris, Planet Hollywood, Bellagio, Ceasars Palace.

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
6,200 posts
2,518 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Vegas & Cancun, hotel recommendations?

A honeymoon is a very special period for a couple.

Neither Vegas nor Cancun offer the romance of a couple's first few weeks together.

Both sound as BAD as going to Disney land.

YOU might want to focus on each other, and neither Cancun or Vegas is ideal for first timers.

It is the setting, the romance, the meals, and the little experiences of an intimate environment that makes for a good start to a marriage.

Avoid the high action stuff for somethime much more sedate!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
3,162 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in Vegas & Cancun, hotel recommendations?

Cancun: I have stayed at the Palace Moon resort. They have several and you can utilize anyone with a free shuttle. We ate and show shows at a different resort every night of the week. Review thier web site for specifics.

Happy travels!

New York
Level Contributor
63 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in Vegas & Cancun, hotel recommendations?

Have you considered Riviera Maya versus Cancun? May be a better fit.

6. Re: Honeymoon in Vegas & Cancun, hotel recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions