We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury Honeymoon August 2014

Lichfield, United...
9 posts
Save Topic
Luxury Honeymoon August 2014

Hi, I am looking for some help about where to go on honeymoon!

We have a budget of £4000 and we ideally would like as much as we can get for our money in terms of luxury. We would love somewhere Adults only as a kids pool/noise does not interest us whilst trying to relax!

On the beach with pools as well would be great, with a variety of places to eat out for dinner.

We are not too bothered about things to do as we are more than happy to chill out doing nothing!

If anyone can help with recommendations that would be fantastic as we really don't know where to go!

Thank you

Emma

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
39,272 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury Honeymoon August 2014

Emma - how far are you willing to travel? How many days do you have for this honeymoon? Any other particular interests? thanks! :)

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,995 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury Honeymoon August 2014

Hi Emma

I would suggest to look at Mexico which is very popular with honeymooners from the UK

If you check out my reviews you will find several for AO properties

tripadvisor.co.uk/members-reviews/flipflop_m…

and for photo albums for the resorts check out

http://www.slickpic.com/u/flipflopman

Our personal favourite is Excellence Playa Mujeres

feel free to send me a PM with any questions

Lichfield, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxury Honeymoon August 2014

We are looking to go for 14 nights, can travel any distance! Thank you x

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
39,272 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxury Honeymoon August 2014

Oh good - with 2 weeks, you can fly pretty far!

If it were me, I would head to either French Polynesia (Tahiti, Bora Bora, Moorea) or Seychelles. Those would be my top two picks for the ultimate romantic luxury honeymoon.

Something easier on the budget would be Hawaii, Mexico, Caribbean.

Oh - and then of course there is Fiji, Thailand, Bali, etc . . .

Closer to home - Italy and Greece . . .

Here are some links that might give you more ideas.

travelandleisure.com/articles/worlds-most-ro…

travelchannel.com/interests/romance-and-hone…

honeymoonbeat.com/honeymoon-island-destinati…

I would look and see what place appeals to you the most and then hop on those specific forums for the help you need. Happy planning and congrats! :)

thebeautybridal.com/2660/top-10-most-romanti…

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,995 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxury Honeymoon August 2014

Hi again Emma

If you are going for 14 nights it does open up the opportunity to have a split trip and spend half the trip and one resort and then move onto another

We love split location trips and they are dead easy to plan. We have another 21 night planned to Mexico is a few weeks time when we will be staying at 4 different properties

Edited: 07 August 2013, 23:37
Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,428 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxury Honeymoon August 2014

In Fiji, have a look at the websites for Tokoriki, LikiLiku, the only resort in Fiji with over the water bures, Qamea, Matamanoa, Lomani, and Matangi, our favorite resort in Fiji. All are adults only. Most of the resorts are the only thing on the island, so no choice of restaurants.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,289 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxury Honeymoon August 2014

Emma.................given your criteria and budget, I too suggest Mexico......the Riviera Maya area would be my first choice for you, however the area around Puerto Vallarta/Nuevo Vallarta also has many choices.....

There are a great deal of all-inclusive, adult only, luxury resorts to choose from, where you can do as little or as much as you desire.............the Iberostar Grand Hotel at Playa Paraiso in the Riviera Maya is an AO luxury resort with a very loyal clientele and for good reason............it is private and on its own, but is also part of a larger complex that has numerous hotels, countless restaurants and bars and activities to choose from............read through some of the hundreds of glowing reviews here on TA

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Luxury Honeymoon August 2014

I am from India and I can recommend you some of the best places in India for August 2014. Why don't you try Goa? Some of the best hotels in Goa would come cheaper that time as August is rainy season in India. Beaches are excellent in Goa and some of the best are located close to the beaches. Your budget is enough to enjoy your honeymoon in the best possible way in Goa that time. This includes your return airfare (in Economy) from the UK :-) and at least 10 days stay in India (1 in Mumbai/New Delhi and 9 in Goa).

I know not many would recommend you this. But think of it and give it a try. And, use an Indian tour operator, not the one in the UK. My favourite is Excursion2India (www.excursion2india.com). Tell them the budget and your preferences. I am damn sure you would love it :-) Go ahead. Wish you best of luck!!

Lancashire
Level Contributor
288 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Luxury Honeymoon August 2014

We are going to Dominican Republic adults only- Secrets Royal Beach cost £3500 for 10 nights in a swim up suite.

Lichfield, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Luxury Honeymoon August 2014

Hi Tilly,

Wow that is great - who are you flying with? Is that All Inclusive? We looked at some hotels in the Dominican. When are you going?

Thank you

Emma