We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeking advice on things to do & Places to stay in NY & NE

Maryland
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Seeking advice on things to do & Places to stay in NY & NE

Hello TA,

I am interested in visiting New England for the first time, I really would like to relax, eat, site see, eat/drink a little bit more in a nice serene, romantic setting. We would be driving from NYC on September 27- October 1st. I was considering Maine(because I LOVE Lobster...everything), but it's an 8 hour drive from us and we want to actually enjoy my time off the road. Our budget is about $800 for lodging, transportation.

We have considered the following:

Upstate NY(Adirondacks, Catskills)

Maine-I've heard great things about Bar Harbor

Massachusetts-Boston, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket

New Hampshire-I've been there once for a weekend..it was cool in Conway.

So here is what I need for you great people any suggestions for:

Fun, interactive activities- Kayaking, fishing, beaches, miniature golf, farmers markets, tours, wine tastings

Sites to see

Places to eat (affordable we enjoy food, but it should be worth the money)

Things to try(foods, we like trying new things)

Hotel or B&B options-Preferably kid free, clean, affordable, relaxing

Arrival suggestions....should we drive or take the bus or train to our destination

If I haven't been clear or if I'm missing key pieces of information in my request...let me know...

Thank you!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
26,581 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seeking advice on things to do & Places to stay in NY & NE

Hi kiki.........it sounds like you have a great Road Trip in the making here.............I would post this question on the Road Trips forum here on Trip Advisor, for some first-hand suggestions from folks who have no doubt done a similar trip themselves............I would also try the actual destination forums for some advice from the locals....