We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon - Paris/London or Paris/Amsterdam

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
22,862 posts
504 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon - Paris/London or Paris/Amsterdam

Was thinking of spending 10-11 days in Europe next year 2015 and my wife has always wanted to go to Paris. We went to Berlin earlier in October for 6 full days/nights and now want to go back to Europe. We feel we have to spend at least 5 days in any major city to get a grip on it and feel like it is a place to return to.

With that in mind, what two cities would you suggest for a honeymoon?

We want Paris, but not sure if the other city should be London, Amsterdam, Rome, Dublin, Istanbul, Ghent, etc.

Any ideas of what city would good to visit along with Paris?

SYD-LON-MUC
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance, Richmond, Bondi, Katoomba
Level Contributor
4,134 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon - Paris/London or Paris/Amsterdam

I would be tossing up between London and Rome.

Though all the mentioned are beautiful in their own right I feel I could spend weeks on end in London and Rome. Though living in London for several years I still love it.

Narrowing it down further I would choose London.

Reason is the ease of getting there with Eurostar.

Brad

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,267 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon - Paris/London or Paris/Amsterdam

Totally agree with Brad.

Another vote right here for London.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
26,582 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon - Paris/London or Paris/Amsterdam

I would also choose Rome or London.............

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
22,862 posts
504 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon - Paris/London or Paris/Amsterdam

London seems more practical if going to Paris because it is cheaper to fly or take the train.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
26,582 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon - Paris/London or Paris/Amsterdam

London does seem the more practical choice, but is practical what you're looking for?......research both Rome and London....and make your decision based on what your heart says.....it is your Honeymoon after all...................

Edmond, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
60 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon - Paris/London or Paris/Amsterdam

What month are you looking at going? My first thought is like everyone else's - London. It would be making the most of your time. If you leave on a Saturday, you won't arrive until Sunday, and you will need one day to return home. So, you're 11 day trip is now about 9 full days. Paris to London or vice versa would get you the closest to the 5 days you mentioned originally.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon - Paris/London or Paris/Amsterdam

Paris and Venice: The two most romantic cities on Earth. Happy travels!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
22,862 posts
504 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon - Paris/London or Paris/Amsterdam

Well our anniversary is in January, however we may wait until March to go somewhere where it is a little warmer.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
22,862 posts
504 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon - Paris/London or Paris/Amsterdam

Decided for now to go to Istanbul and Rome in March 2014, since I would have to fly from one to the other. Think it would be better to visit Amsterdam, Paris and London on the same trip using the train systems since all 3 are relatively within a 5-6 hour ride. Rome seems to be out of the way of those, so decided to pick it with Istanbul. Also they are similar in that both were both the Roman Empire. Probably will try the Amsterdam, Paris, London the following year in 2015.

Edited: 02 January 2014, 05:49
10. Re: Honeymoon - Paris/London or Paris/Amsterdam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2015, 05:17