We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Europe

Cape Town
4 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Europe

Hi there

We are planning our honeymoon in Europe at the end of May, beginning of June. We are not flexible with dates. My fiancé has never been to Europe before. He loves history and I love art and architecture. We both enjoy our food :) We are looking for a chilled, beach honeymoon. I don't want to go anywhere too busy, just really beautiful and romantic. I would love to see the sights, soak up the culture, if there is snorkelling that would be a bonus!

Our budget is about EUR 2500 for 10 days. I think we would stay in an apartment and not eat out all the time. We have a birthday party in Bordeaux at the beginning of June.

I had in mind Greece, Portugal and Croatia, but I am open to suggestions. Our budget is small, so I would love to go somewhere that is good value for money (if that place exists in Europe).

Thanks so much!

Kath

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
28,464 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Europe

Hi Kath.................your ideas about Greece, Portugal and Croatia are good ones, IMO......I think you should also check out the Cinque Terre on the Italian coast........if you just simply click on the blue link in this post for Cinque Terre, you will access a great TA page with a huge amount of information about this area...it has everything you've described in your wish list, plus the added attraction of the Via del Amore (walk of love), which fits right into the Honeymoon theme.........

Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
Level Contributor
6,129 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Europe

You may want to check Rhodes.

3. Re: Honeymoon in Europe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions