We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for romantic european break close to Christmas

London, England...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for romantic european break close to Christmas

Hi,

I'm looking for suggestions for a romantic european break the weekend before Christmas so I can propose to my girlfriend.

My research so far has suggested places like Bruges, Prague, Salzberg, Amsterdam, Bucharest and Tallinn would be good.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated - including where to eat, stay and pop the question!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
3,166 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for romantic european break close to Christmas

Munich. Happy travels!

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for romantic european break close to Christmas

< Bruges, Prague, Salzberg, Amsterdam>

We have been to all of these, Prague 2x, Salzburg ten or so. Love both but Salzburg has dramatic scenery and so much to do and see nearby.

We did not care for Amsterdam and while Bruges was charming, once was enough.

I agree with the recommendation for Munich, which is great at the holidays but we prefer Berlin.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,545 posts
1,688 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for romantic european break close to Christmas

I would also go for Munich.

Its almost your picture postcard village setting as you go to the old city centre, especially if it snows. The Viktualienmarkt will have the Christmas setting.

4. Re: Suggestions for romantic european break close to Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2014, 02:17
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,554 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions for romantic european break close to Christmas

... if you're in for a slightly warmer climate I'd suggest Barcelona

6. Re: Suggestions for romantic european break close to Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2015, 05:17