We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Part Honeymoon...Vegas and then ????

Newfoundland
Level Contributor
69 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
2 Part Honeymoon...Vegas and then ????

Were getting married in Orlando March coming and were going to take our honeymoon in Mid August. We know we want to go to Vegas for the first 8 days or so but then were not sure where to go for the other 8-10 days.

Weve looked at Turks, U.S. virgin islands, aruba, St.martin, etc... would prefer an all inclusive resort if possible, and adults only.

We have done the cuba, mexico, domincan, Jamaica thing to death and would like to go somewhere different than these places.

Any suggestions ?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
26,923 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Part Honeymoon...Vegas and then ????

Different in what way?,......... especially if you want all-inclusive.......

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
38,430 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 Part Honeymoon...Vegas and then ????

I surely wouldn't want to be in Vegas in August - HOT! But I guess you can stay in with the AC!

SO - are you wanting another beach vacation? Or something different? Doesn't it have to be AI? How far are you willing to travel? What are you hoping to do - activities, etc.? Some more details would be really helpful. :)

Newfoundland
Level Contributor
69 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 Part Honeymoon...Vegas and then ????

we have both been to vegas in august so we know what to expect weather wise and we obviously dont mind the heat, it was around 42 degrees there last aug when we were there and we got along fine.

Looking to laze around by the pool/beach and eat, sleep, drink, just relax bascially. Travel distance dont really bother us as we will fly from Vegas to our next destination. We looked at Fiji but it was rather costly. Looking to keep the second part of our honeymooon under $6000.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
38,430 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 Part Honeymoon...Vegas and then ????

Glad you don't mind the heat - some folks would. I used to live in the Mojave, so I know that summer heat!

Well, since you will be in Vegas, why not fly to Hawaii on Hawaiian airlines?? They fly to/from Vegas - your Hawaiian experience would begin as soon as you board their planes. It would be one of my top choices for a honeymoon and while they are not known for AI's, they do have much of what you are looking for - and generally, you don't need to worry about hurricanes as you would in the Caribbean. :)

Edited: 21 January 2014, 21:21
Newfoundland
Level Contributor
69 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 Part Honeymoon...Vegas and then ????

Hawaii Seems like a great idea ! I/we have never been there before.

Which island i wonder would be better stay at ? We want to be close to restaurants, shows, nightlife , etc...

Thanks for the input !

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
38,430 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 Part Honeymoon...Vegas and then ????

If nightlife is important, Oahu (staying in Waikiki) would probably be the best island or perhaps Maui. Each island is different and summer is a beautiful time for Hawaii. You might hop on the Hawaii forum for help from their experts - I hang out on that forum quite a lot. Many Hawaiians live and/or travel to Vegas, so that just seems like a good solution to me. And it would be a nice contrast with Vegas. If you do post on that forum, just let them know how many days you have, your nightly lodging budget, etc., and you will get lots of helpful suggestions. :)

Edited: 22 January 2014, 16:54
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,527 posts
1,683 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 Part Honeymoon...Vegas and then ????

If you are in Vegas I would have mentioned Hawaii as well. Maybe make it a 3 stage honeymoon with Vegas, LA and Hawaii.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
26,923 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 Part Honeymoon...Vegas and then ????

Hawaii is my suggestion too.......you could do 2 Islands while there, it's fairly common............visit Maui too, and drive up the windy road to Hana for a day trip to visit the 7 Sacred Pools.....its unforgettable...

Newfoundland
Level Contributor
69 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 Part Honeymoon...Vegas and then ????

Thanks for all the input and suggestions !

We have booked out trips to Vegas/Hawaii !

Now the count down begins :)

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
38,430 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2 Part Honeymoon...Vegas and then ????

So what island are you going to stay on Jeepmancrd? :)

Get answers to your questions