We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon help for Summer 2014 please

Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon help for Summer 2014 please

I am looking for suggestions for our honeymoon please to fly very late July. We get married on 25th

Budget £ 3000 for 14 nights

We are not bothered about flight length

Seeking a beach holiday with some options for days out/ excursions

Weather - up to 30° (we are both very fair skinned)

Location ideally needs to be fairly flat and good accessibility around hotel as I am disabled. (I can walk but not very far and I am not very stable on my feet) so things like the swimming pool having access via stairs rather than ladders is important.

We like good food! We were considering Cuba but the reviews of food put us off!

Thanks in advance, Nicky

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
61,682 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon help for Summer 2014 please

Hi Nicky

We have been to Cuba several times and agree that the quality of the food can let it down even at a top end resort which is why we have not returned

Destination you could look at would be Punta Cana, Mexico & Jamaica

We have been to all three destinations several times and there are many resorts that have good accessibility for a disabled person with ramps, elevators / lifts and walk in access pools

As it is you honeymoon I would recommend you look at resorts that have complimentary honeymoon packages

It would help if you could expand a little on the type of resort you are looking to stay at - likes and dislikes, etc

Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon help for Summer 2014 please

Thanks Flipflop man.

I am quite happy with a very quiet holiday, sitting by the pool with my book all day. Then a nice meal, a few drinks and some occasional evening entertainment!

My partner probably wants more to do! He likes wandering around markets, fishing, sightseeing.

If the hotel could offer extra activities such as pool, table tennis, maybe a spa even better

I don't want to fight for my sunbed!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
3,243 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon help for Summer 2014 please

Cancun. Palace resorts. review their web sites for specifics. Happy travels!

Chester
Level Contributor
3,030 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon help for Summer 2014 please

Hi Nicky,

put your question on the Tenerife forum, and hopefully onelegnofeet will be able to make some good suggestions.

Keith.

5. Re: Honeymoon help for Summer 2014 please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 04:24