We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in July 2015.. Help!

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon in July 2015.. Help!

Hi All,

We are getting married on the 11th July 15 and were planning on leaving for honeymoon a day or so after this for around 2.5/3 weeks depending on price. Our budget is around £5500 for flights and hotels.

We want to make the most of it and go somewhere long haul however the issue is July is not ideal for weather in most of the places we considered. We want sunshine and warmth (dont mind short lived rain and expect it) and luxury! Beach with a bit of culture and sightseeing/ food and drink.

Itineraries considered are:

London - Singapore - Ko Samui - Bali

London - San francisco - Vegas - Caribbean?

If anyone could suggest other itineraries or have any ideas about the current ones it would be really helpful!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,870 posts
1,920 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in July 2015.. Help!

London-SF-Vegas and Barbados might be worth considering.

SF has its own micro climate, I have been in July and was glad that I had a light jacket whereas Vegas and LA is July is very hot.

Barbados will be hot and generally tends to have light rain.

I also have been to Bali in July again the weather will be hot and humid.

Chester
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in July 2015.. Help!

HI,

Copper and Lumber store at Nelson's dockyard Antigua.

I know it is not what you asked for but have a look at the Blue Palace in Elounda Crete.

Or an Ambassador suite at the Botanico hotel and spa in Tenerife.

Check the "Leading Hotels of the World" for ideas.

Keith.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
48 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in July 2015.. Help!

Jo B,

Both the itineraries you have thought of sound like fun. I have another suggestion. Since July is peak summer travel time, tickets to both Asia and USA from London are going to be expensive. That would leave lesser money to spend on hotels, transportation, food, shopping etc. So how about staying in Europe itself?

If you have not been to the French Riviera area, I would say consider it. Despite of popular notion that the area is very crowded that time of year, its still totally worth it and completely manageable. We were there last July and enjoyed it a lot. Nice, Cannes, Monaco, St. Tropez would give a feel of beach and luxury combined with good food. After spending a week in that area you can head to Barcelona. For culture, Seville or for beach, Ibiza could be the next destinations. Amalfi coast in Italy may be a good idea for the 3rd week of the honeymoon.

Having said that, if you want something outside Europe, there is lots to see in Americas. This is one of the itineraries you already have in mind. SFO is a beautiful city and driving the picturesque Pacific Coast Highway all the way to LA is wonderful. After a week in California, Vegas would be a different experience although it would be hot that time of the year. Subsequently, take a flight east to Miami and spend a few days there including Key West. Be prepared for some rain in Florida. Next, look at which island receives least rain in July in Caribbean and that would be a great way to end the honeymoon after visiting various cities in US.

July 2015 is more than an year away, so lots of time to think and plan. Enjoy :)

Edited: 05 April 2014, 02:38
Chester
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in July 2015.. Help!

Hi Pranjali,

thanks for bringing back fond memories of the French Riviera and Amalifi with a boat trip across to Capri.

We seem to want to travel a long way for something special but as you say luxuary, beach, good food and may I add class right on out doorstep.

Keith.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
28,491 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in July 2015.. Help!

I would do: San Francisco - Vegas - Riviera Maya for the last leg of the journey, at a luxury resort to wind down, before returning home............................fly to SF, drive the Pacific Coast Highway first week or so, visit Las Vegas for approx. 4 days, and then fly into the Cancun, staying at a resort for approximately a week, and fly home from there............

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon in July 2015.. Help!

Thanks everyone - this is helpful and we do have plenty of time to decide.

Pranjali - that European itinerary sounds fabulous but luckily for my fiance and I we live so close to those destinations and have done them before hence why we want to go further afield. :)

Waikato Region, New...
Level Contributor
89 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon in July 2015.. Help!

July is the perfect time to visit the south pacific islands like tonga, samoa, Cook Islands,

You can fly to Rarotonga, Cook Islands, from Los Angeles direct.

I would recommend a 7 night stay with 3 nights in rarotonga and 4 nights in aitutaki. the pacific resort offers this 7 night option. treat your self to an overwater bungalow on the aitutaki lagoon very beautiful

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon in July 2015.. Help!

Hi Jo,

Did you manage already to book a honeymoon? What itinerary did you go for?

I am also getting married on the 11th July 2015 and am having the same problem. The weather seems to be terrible everywhere apart from Europe, USA or South Pacific. We want to go further out but not the US,...so its the South Pacific but the prices for flights are just ridiculous. Feeling a bit lost to be honest.

Tania

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
6 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon in July 2015.. Help!

I used to live in California and I can tell you if you're looking for sun in July in San Francisco you'll be looking for a while. It tends to be quite cold there during the summer. Vegas in the middle of July is extremely hot. The most you can do is spend your day at the pool or running from air conditioned building to air conditioned building. Not my idea of fun. While there are beaches in LA, remember that the water is the Pacific and basically requires a wet suit to get into. Just considerations...

Denmark
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon in July 2015.. Help!

Hi, First of all congratulations both of you 😁

I will also have my wedding on 11th July. We have the same budget, but only 2 weeks.

I also feel desperate now. We almost agreed about the destination to be Fiji, but flights are terrible from EU. Travel would take 2 days to get there. So we would only remain 10 days. All in all I would really appreciate any kind of suggestion. Thanks