We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice Wedding - HELP desperately requried

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Venice Wedding - HELP desperately requried

We're getting married in Venice this September and have spent the last 6 months trying to confirm our "wedding breakfast". With limited traction, despite having spent time and money on a recent visit to Venice we remain venue-less. It appears that we are unable to get any quality service from 5* Venetian Hotel/Restaurants. We are UK event planners and therefore quite confident in dealing with venues direct rather than paying a ridiculous handling fee for an event planner to just pick up the phone. Can anyone recommend a Authentic luxury Venetian Restaurant/Hotel that can cater for a small group and understand the concept of good customer service. We have spent weeks waiting to hear back from Hotel Gritti/Danieli/Stern/Bauer to name a few and are extremely down heartened with the whole episode.... our beautiful Italian Wedding is becoming a complete nightmare.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,751 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venice Wedding - HELP desperately requried

Hi LisaBHertfordshire.............................while I've been to Venice, it was on vacation, so don't have experience with booking a location for a small group......perhaps posting on the local forum for Venice will help you.......this is where you will find the local Destination Experts, who have lots of experience with, and knowledge of the city, and area in general.................when you click on the blue link in this post, you will transfer to the TA travel guide for Venice, and can also access the forum from there...........good luck with your plans!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,781 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venice Wedding - HELP desperately requried

What exactly do you mean by 'quality service'? Because I've been to all the hotels you've listed and more, and they're very perfectly sufficient for that market. If you're referring to levels of business efficiency, well, they don't always work to expected major city efficiencies consistently.

I've experienced similar, but it's due to a number of reasons; 1. many of them do not have onsite Sales Management, and work via a regional office, 2. many of the hotels in Venice do not have function capability, 3. some have external event coordinators contracted.

Whilst it's no excuse with correspondence delays, they have logistic issues.

The hotels you've listed are all beautiful, but I'm not sure the Danieli would have the capacity, unless you're wishing to book the entire terrace restaurant. Beyond that, I don't believe they have function capacity. The same with the Bauer and Gritti.

I've been to a couple of weddings in Venice, and I know the Cipriani definitely has event capability, as does San Clemente Palace. Another that's quaint, often forgotten 5 Star is the Luna Baglioni, who have wonderful banquet/functions facilities.

I agree with Eden, to repost your question on the destination forum for Venice, as they maybe able to give you ideas on how to speed up communication. Otherwise, I'd persist in sending an email each day.

Swadlincote, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Venice Wedding - HELP desperately requried

we are getting married in october in venice but are staying on the lido at a 5 star hotel Excelsior.

We are having the reception there and they are very helpful and the added bonus of being on the beach too.

Wishing you all the best

4. Re: Venice Wedding - HELP desperately requried

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 05:15