We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Ideas - Sep/Oct 2014!

Hooksett, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
41 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon Ideas - Sep/Oct 2014!

Thank you for reading! My fiance and I are getting married on September 20th, 2014 and we have not planned our honeymoon yet. We just cannot decide on where to go that time of year. We had an itinerary planned for us that was in Thailand, which seemed amazing but then we found out it was their rainy season so we have decided against that as we do not want to get rained out. A little rain would be fine- but we have heard that rainy season is really hit or miss. We are from the Boston, MA area and are looking for an adventure/relaxing honeymoon.

We are looking to avoid the Caribbean because I have been to Cancun/Jamaica/Cayman Islands/Bahamas/Aruba and we are just looking for a change of scenery from that.

Our dream honeymoon would be an African Safari but we realize that budget might not let us do this – if you think based on our budget we can make this happen please let me know of any tours/etc. that you might know of because this is really our top choice.

We need some suggestions for places that would be great to visit in September/October for a honeymoon, with good weather, adventurous things to do, beautiful beaches and great food.

Dates: From September 21- October 5/6th, 2014.

Budget: Total budget with airfare from Boston would be around $4,500 per person, the max would be $5,000 per person.

We are interested in: Adventure (such-as African Safari adventure), good food (trying new foods), beautiful beaches, and some culture aspects/tours of iconic things are great also but not the whole trip spent touring.

We aren't very interested in: Shopping, big cities

I little more about us: We love animals and nature- but not nature to the extent of camping without showers. We love relaxing on a beach, we enjoy wine/food, we love the water

Any suggestions/tips would be greatly appreciated, and helpful! Thank you!

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,635 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Ideas - Sep/Oct 2014!

If you love nature, Costa Rica is the place. I love animals and anything involving nature and Costa Rica was very exciting. We saw 2 types of sloth and a mother with baby, 3 types of monkey's, Iguana of course, small lizards of all variety, birds, a Toucan...not the famous one but a different one. I could go on and on....but this was all in the wild on our own!

We stayed in places where there was a possibility of seeing the animals. I got up early and waited. There is tons of adventure that isn't just animals in CR. Ziplining started there, and that's where I ziplined for the first time.

There are some really neat open air places to stay in the lush areas, but they have screens. And there are all levels of those, and you don't have to go without showers.

You can't go wrong with CR as an adventurous place. You'll need to really study up on the different areas. I read all the CR forums in order to plan, and anything else I could get my hands on.

2. Re: Honeymoon Ideas - Sep/Oct 2014!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions