We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon - Away for four weeks!

Level Contributor
25 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon - Away for four weeks!

Hi all

My partner and I are looking to spend 4 weeks away for our honeymoon next July/August, but we are undecided on where to go and we really need to start making decisions so that we can book.

We originally thought about going to Borneo and Bali; we then thought about doing a bit of a tour of 3-4 Spanish cities followed by 2 weeks of luxury in the Maldives. These ideas are still in the mix, but we can seem to decide if this is what we want to do or maybe something else.

I think we would like an element of beach luxury for a portion of the holiday, but i don't think we would be able to cope with 4 weeks of it! Also, if we are going somewhere like the Maldives, we really would like an all inclusive resort as i have heard it can be very expensive.

Our budget is around £6000 (all in).

Any advice/recommadations/ideas are welcome.

Thank you in advance

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
28,786 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon - Away for four weeks!

The first thing I suggest you do is check the weather averages in the places you're interested in visiting......July and August are warm and sunny in Spain, but not a good choice for Maldives - it's typically one of the wettest months, with sharp and heavy monsoon downpours................its very easy to do a Google search beforehand of weather averages for any location worldwide.....Borneo and Bali weather are easy to check too, using Google...the weather is where I always start when considering resort locations....

2. Re: Honeymoon - Away for four weeks!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2015, 05:17