We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top 3 gadgets to pack when traveling

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
30 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Top 3 gadgets to pack when traveling

What are everyones top 3 gadgets wile traveling?

Here is a list of my top 3:

<a href="www.amazon.com/dp/B001G5ZTPY…">My Canon G10</a>

<a href="www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015TCML0…">my ebook Kindle</a>

<a href="www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00295RBNI…">My Nokia N97</a>

Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top 3 gadgets to pack when traveling

whitecollarnomad; good idea for a topic thread! This is similar to another thread that exists already - Top 3 things - but your's does narrow down to precisely gadgets and not other items.

For me, my top three gadgets:

1. PDA, PALM T|X

2. Digital camera

3. Wall plug-in, USB charger

If I could add a #4 & #5 ... as I do carry more:

4. Cell phone

5. Net book computer

Note: please do not place html code into posts. As I recall, I think it is against TripAdvisor (TA) policy. Listing a link is one thing, but I don't think TA likes HTML code being embedded into posts.

Salem, VA
Level Contributor
324 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top 3 gadgets to pack when traveling

1. Kindle...I got it for my birthday prior to traveling to Ecuador this summer. My husband now calls it "husband #2".

2. Blackberry

3. Nikon Coolpix 90 (has an amazing 24x optical zoom)

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top 3 gadgets to pack when traveling

That’s really inhuman! Asking about ONLY 3 gadgets on a Gadgets and Gear forum LOL!

All right, let’s squeeze them in:

(1) Camera (incl. body, three lenses min with filters and hoods, flash and batteries for it and diffuser, AC adaptor and charger, extra card, card reader – optional, tripod – optional) – who said it’s not one gadget?? Lol

(2) Laptop or netbook or ipod with books, music, films, I-net, pics storage etc (and chargers)

(3) Mobile phone(s) (and chargers)

That said, it’s often just one USB charger – adaptor for wall-plugs (and all those cords are not that space to mention them separately).

Travelling by car, I always have (without mentioning things required by law):

(4) Radar detector

(5) Hatchet and Swiss knife (can do without in big cities only lol)

(6) Thermos and grill (and yes, charcoal as well)

SalemVA, with such a zoom you probably need to add tri/monopod as your #4 :)

Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Top 3 gadgets to pack when traveling

Cora;

since you carry a grill when travelling by car - like I do - I'll bring the food. LOL! Though food is actually a gadget but a staple required for survival when drive-camping.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
38 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Top 3 gadgets to pack when traveling

Similar to whitecollarnomad

My N97 loaded with movies, music, maps and guidebooks

JVC Marshmallow headphones (better than sound cancelling types I've had ie Sony & cheaper Bose, plus they are small buds to fit in a pocket)

Depending on location my third is either:

Canon SX10 or Credit Cards

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Top 3 gadgets to pack when traveling

Cdn, you're on board! :) Bring the whole fridge actually!

Btw, I still doubt if it's a top travel gadget. And since no one mentions it I'll probably take my time with this one.

Passports, I love the last line! Shall tell this joke to my bank lol

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,787 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Top 3 gadgets to pack when traveling

iPhone, Bose headset w/mic, my backup unlocked cellphone.

Hmmm... everything is communication based.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
918 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Top 3 gadgets to pack when traveling

Kindle (the good old original version, still going strong). Nikon DX40. Netbook (Asus Eee PC 1000HE).

Actually, it's more than 3 for me. Also non-negotiable: my iPod (the Classic, recent generation, holds music and all my contacts' info). For foreign travel my phone is useless, it would of course be on the list for travel within the US. And noise-canceling headphones.

I've been planning a trip to London since March. I leave in a week. I've long since planned which gadgets and gear I'll take.

But I only went to the closet to pick the clothes to take, 5 days ago. That's when I realized that the old jacket is a non-starter and that favorite old pair of slacks is, well, so old that the seams might finally give out. Hasty online ordering followed and I think I'm now OK for clothes too.

Typical for me.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Top 3 gadgets to pack when traveling

Just saw that Sharp is planning on introducing a cross between a smart phone and a netbook – called a “netwalker” I think. Supposed to be about the size of a paperback with a full keyboard and a touch screen. Don’t know when it’s due out, but I look forward to some reviews …

Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Top 3 gadgets to pack when traveling

For those looking for that Sharp netwalker that seavale mentioned, here is a shortened link to it.

http://tinyurl.com/lm9gfo