We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sub Zero G Luggage

Florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Sub Zero G Luggage

Is anyone using Sub Zero G lightweight luggage as carry-on or checked baggage? Do you like it? Does it hold up under the rough conditions of checked luggage? Would you recommend it for air travel?

196 replies to this topic
Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sub Zero G Luggage

Never heard of this brand of luggage, though I would be interested to hear from others their opinion. Do you have a url or web link that would direct me to some info on the luggage?

Florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sub Zero G Luggage

This is the link to an article on the luggage. Will post another link for supplier.

…latimes.com/articles/la-trw-luggage22-2009m…

Florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sub Zero G Luggage

The prices are pretty good here.

atlantaluggage.com/mod/…5555.html

Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sub Zero G Luggage

Again, thanks for the info and this time the links.

That being said, I don't see anything really surprising or completely innovate of this piece of luggage. It might be lighter by some margin, but a 19 inch bag that weighs in around 4 &1/2 pounds is not going to make me run out and buy it. I have bags that meet almost the same criteria at a fraction of the price.

Spain
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick, Almeria
Level Contributor
7,000 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sub Zero G Luggage

I agree with CTW, this sounds good but not enough to run out and replace my existing baggage.

Florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sub Zero G Luggage

Would you be so kind as to name the luggage that you own that compares favorably to the Sub Zero. My present 30" wheeled bag weighs almost 15lbs, empty.

Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sub Zero G Luggage

My list of luggage - with weights - will have to wait till I get home and have a chance to weigh, plus name each particular piece.

L.A. 'burbs, CA
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sub Zero G Luggage

Wow, I have to admit I am impressed that their 26" trolley only weighs 5 1/2 lbs and costs only $90. I was considering getting my daughter the Ricardo N Motion 26" and it's 9 1/2 lbs and $109! The Kipling bag was similar in weight and about $140 at the outlets. I may have to look more into this bag. Thanks for posting!

Florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sub Zero G Luggage

Exactly. I am tired of my luggage taking up almost 1/3 of my airline weight allowance. I have read that Sub Zero is coming out with newer models and will no longer offer the 30". I need every inch and every ounce for long trips. I am tempted to order the 30" before it is gone. Wish I could find a one-on-one review of the product.

Spain
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick, Almeria
Level Contributor
7,000 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sub Zero G Luggage

My IKEA case is 2.5 lbs and my Air Canada case 4 lbs. Both are standard carry-on size and have wheels. I have travelled all over with these bags. We normally only take carry-on wherever we go for up to 5 weeks.

Reply to: Sub Zero G Luggage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted