We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inflatable bags for liquids/bottles.

Dayton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Dayton
Level Contributor
427 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Inflatable bags for liquids/bottles.

I am looking at buying some of those inflatable bags for bringing things like liquor back into the US in my checked bag. There are a couple of different kinds, most are pricey. Has anyone used one they like?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
555 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inflatable bags for liquids/bottles.

Do you mean a bag to wrap bottles in for protection or a bag to fill with liquor ( like a rum runner) ? If it is just to protect bottles we always fill in the extra space in our luggage with bubble wrap, it weighs nothing and allows us to wrap up breakable items we purchase.

Edited: 02 April 2011, 20:34
New York
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
1,487 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Inflatable bags for liquids/bottles.

See this thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12530-k3136661…

Spain
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick
Level Contributor
6,705 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inflatable bags for liquids/bottles.

I always wrap bottles in plastic bags and dirty clothes and nestle them in the case - no problems so far!!!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,224 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inflatable bags for liquids/bottles.

I wrap liquor bottles in 3 knotted plastic bags - each one knotted separately, then I wrap dirty clothing around them - like Keen visitor. I also have been known to pack bubble wrap if there's room in my suitcase.

Coincidentally, my neighborhood wine store sells those padded bags, similar to the Magellan one but for $4. It has double stick tape to seal the bottom - it doesnt roll up like the Magellans one. I bought one, but havent used it yet.

I came back from Paris in Oct. with a bottle of Champagne and several bottles of nut oil, dijon mustard, speculoos in my checked bag - all triple bagged - nothing broke.

5. Re: Inflatable bags for liquids/bottles.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 02:18