We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trunki BoostApak

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Trunki BoostApak

Hi

We are flying to LA from London later this year. When we arrive in LA we pick up our car rental.

To avoid an extra cost of renting a car booster seat for our 6yr old son I had considered bringing with us his booster seat from home. Even though it's quite light it is a bit on the bulky side. However I have just heard about a booster seat that also doubles as a back pack from Trunki. We have heard about Trunki and have one of their cases as our sons travel bag.

My question is... has anyone one used this booster/ back pack and what is your opinion of it and also would it be suitable/ legal for use in a Grand Jeep Cherokee in the US?

These are some of the tech details:

Certified to regulation ECE R44.04 Group 2 and Group 3

Approx 8 litre capacity

ID tag

Seat belt adjuster

Suitable from 4-12 years old

Measures H40 W36 x D16 cm

Many thanks,

Alex

Edited: 04 May 2011, 20:26
Essex, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trunki BoostApak

Hi,

I take it that no one has used this?

Anyone have any idea of a forum that might give me response? I'v tried on the road trips, but to no avail.

I only ask again because I'm thinking of buying one in the next couple of days.

Many Thanks,

Alex

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,512 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trunki BoostApak

I have just bought one for my 4 year old as we are off to the Caribbean. I think it would be fine for short trips (which is all we'll be doing), but not nearly as comfortable as a regular car seat.

I was attracted by the idea that I could fit a change of clothes and a few small toys in the rucsac element - it certainly looks big enough.

If you want any photos etc. feel free to send me an email.

PS: I relied on these reviews from Amazon's to convince me to buy.

amazon.co.uk/Trunki-BoostApak-Travel-Pack-Bo…

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trunki BoostApak

Thank you for your reply. I took the plunge and ordered one yesterday from Amazon. I'm sure it'll be fine. His trunki case is very good so hopefully this will be just as good.

The car rental firm wanted over £150 to hire us a booster seat!

Thanks,

Alex

4. Re: Trunki BoostApak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 16:18
Get answers to your questions