We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What do I need 2 do 2 get 3G on USA iPad in London/UK

San Diego
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Topic
What do I need 2 do 2 get 3G on USA iPad in London/UK

I am not all that puter savy. Can someone make it really simple for me and tell me exactly what I need to do and where I need to go in order to get whatever it is I need to use 3G capabilities on my iPad while I'm in London/UK so that I can avoid the extremely high roaming charges AT&T will charge me if I don't. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this.

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,830 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What do I need 2 do 2 get 3G on USA iPad in London/UK

You need a micro-SIM from a local celluar provider. There are several threads here about getting a global roaming SIM in advance. If you are only going to London/UK, you may be better just walking into a local phone store and getting a pre-paid data SIM.

Leeds
Level Contributor
669 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What do I need 2 do 2 get 3G on USA iPad in London/UK

Look here. Stores all over the UK

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500002901&langId=-1&searchTerms=THREE+BROADBAND

If above link not working go the www.argos.co.uk and put Three Broadband in the search field.

If you bought one it can easily topped up (more credit added) at most stores.

There is no contract.

Edited: 27 December 2011, 12:31
3. Re: What do I need 2 do 2 get 3G on USA iPad in London/UK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2012, 10:17