We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Pillows

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Travel Pillows

Hi all,

Heading to Europe in a few weeks and hate the thought of the 24hr + flight...

A friend recommended these pillows - apparently they're new to Australia but she got hers in the UK.

www.jetsleeper.com.au

The look good but has anyone tried?

Thanks

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,023 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Pillows

If it works it would probably be the only one that does satisfactorily

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,002 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Pillows

I could not think of anything more embarrassing than wearing that !! I will stick with plain old pillows or a rolled up fleece sweater.

Mission, Canada
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, Mission
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Pillows

Rolled up fleece sweater still works for me. Less to carry.

Spain
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick
Level Contributor
6,657 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Pillows

I think your seatmate could get a little cross with that contraption. I rarely sleep on planes and the pillow they provide goes at the small of my back. I cannot stand the smell of most pillows and like CTW use a sweater if I need something to lean on.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,023 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Pillows

I'll wait until one pops up on a daily internet deal for 25% of the price as they will.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
17,546 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel Pillows

Might work if you are in a window seat but I can't see what it leans against in a middle or aisle seat - unless it's your unsuspecting neighbor.

$39.50 + shipping - kidding, right??????

Rolled up fleece does me fine or traveling in winter then my down jacket is perfect. I use the pillowcase from the pillow the airlines provide to keep it altogether then stick their pillow behind me as a back support.

Mission, Canada
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, Mission
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel Pillows

eva, you should use a pillow case of your own instead of an airline pillow case. Hygiene of the airline products is questionable.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
17,546 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel Pillows

Hi CTW Thanks for the advice. Lately I've noticed most airlines use disposable pillow cases so I thought the hygiene aspect had been dealt with.

In Business Class where they use real linen, they always look freshly laundered.

I do, in fact travel with my own pillow case - but that's because I don't always trust hotel cleanliness and it makes an excellent dirty laundry bag.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel Pillows

I bought something similar from Amazon that is called Travelrest. It attaches either to your setback or headrest or around your body. So it doesn't bother your neighbor. I think it was around $25. You can use it on road trips too. I think I will like it.

Spain
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick
Level Contributor
6,657 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel Pillows

I do not know where everyone puts all these things? I have no room for pillows etc in my luggage - 21inch rollaboard (sometimes checked) and small carryon bag which is all I take even for 10/12 weeks.