We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best travel pants (for women)

WV
Level Contributor
54 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best travel pants (for women)

I am looking for a pair of pants for travel:

not easily wrinkled

really cool (as in temperature)

NO cargo pockets

not crazy expensive (less than $60)

Does something like this exist?

I've been checking out the ones from L.L. Bean - comfortrail.

Anyone tried them?

Thanks.

WV
Level Contributor
54 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best travel pants (for women)

I just realized I should be more specific as in more google searching I found a site that considers pants with an elastic waistband travel pants because they're comfortable.

I don't need anything dressy. This is more for hiking, etc. The lightweight cool temp feature is the most important thing. Not wrinkling would be great.

thanks again

London, England
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
10,009 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best travel pants (for women)

Travel smith does trousers in a wide variety of styles with different features.

www.travelsmith.com/women/pants-shorts/?

They tend to do what they say on the tin.

LL Bean or Lands End may have some good prospects as well.

Orvis makes travel clothes of something called "scrunch cloth" which sounded scratchy, but I finally ordered their black travel dress and like it very much. It is 100% cotton and very cool and comfortable. They also make trousers of it, but one reviewer said they bag after sitting for a long flight, while others said it did not.

In the UK, cool light weight hiking trousers are carried by camping/outdoor activity shops. I know the US has such places because I bought my best pair of hiking trousers on a holiday in Utah.

Do they have Katmandu shops in your state? The ones in London have, at times, had great trousers.

WV
Level Contributor
54 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best travel pants (for women)

Thanks so much! I live in the middle of nowhere so I have to drive at least an hour to get to a big sporting goods store.

I will check out those links. And keep checking LL Bean to see if they have a sale.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,250 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best travel pants (for women)

Travelsmith - or maybe Magellans - is having a huge sale and there were a lot of pants listed on the sale. The $59.99 travel skirt I was watching is $15.99!

I have a pair of LL Bean khaki pants that I use for travel - they have cargo type pockets, but flat ones on the thigh - not huge unflattering ones positioned in the worst possible place. They also have a zippered pocket - maybe they are Comfortrail - not sure. Theyre cotton, not synthetic.

Campmor.com has really really good prices, if you dont know them. They tend to have odd lots - a lot of Columbia, sometimes Kuhl. I got a pair of Columbia pants with the zip off legs - very cheaply or I wouldnt buy them (definitely not something I would ever wear in NYC, or even Mexico City)

My favorite travel pants are Ex Officio but they tend to be expensive and I doubt I can fit into the ones I own.

suitcaseready.com

Mission, Canada
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, Mission
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best travel pants (for women)

I'm a guy, so please bear this suggestion in mind:

Tilley, ScotteVest, Cabella's, RIE (since you're in the USA).

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,250 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best travel pants (for women)

Tilley - very expensive (at least the hats are)

Scottevest - also expensive, but they have great deals. I am now the proud owner of a Scottevest vest (TBEX gift!) and plan to use it for airport security.

Ive never been in a Cabellas; we have Orvis, which is expensive, but they have sales.

REI - great idea. They have great prices....

suitcaseready.com

Mission, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best travel pants (for women)

evening; Tilley has the best outdoor hat around. In fact, it is the original and hard to beat. That is why the price. Life-time guarantee. I was fortunate to acquire a second - less beaten up version - free of charge to have as a spare. My original gets used a lot on boats and in the bush.

WV
Level Contributor
54 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best travel pants (for women)

I wasn't getting notifcations for a couple of days.

There is a cabella's not far from here (this is WV, afterall, seems wrong not to have them. It is an event from what I understand). Do they have women's? It might be worth a drive.

Thanks so much for all of these links.

I stalk ll bean daily in hopes the pants there will go on sale this week. Someone with my stats recently posted a review so I know they will fit.

I just found this skirt at the gap outlet that will wad up really well and look intentional if anyone needs a tip. I think I will twist it and roll it for packing.

Mission, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best travel pants (for women)

Cabella's carries women's clothing, bethlemon. If it is a long drive, I hope you have other plans instead of just shopping there for clothes. So much else to check out in their stores, I can easily spend half a day - or more.

USA
Level Contributor
9,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best travel pants (for women)

Since you specified for hiking, I find cotton way too hot for hiking & only go with quick-dry synthetics.

REI online outlet usually has good deals.

rei.com/outlet